battery protection and go home

Reaction score
Is it possible to program phantom fc40 to "go home" in stage 1 (or better 2) instead of landing ?
If its yes, how ?
If its no, any triks ?

dkako said:
Is it possible to program phantom fc40 to "go home" in stage 1 (or better 2) instead of landing ?
If its yes, how ?
If its no, any triks ?
Stage 1 & 2 functions were designed to save your battery and the Phantom itself by alerting you of insufficient battery voltage. If you see the red led blinking telling you stage 1 has been activated you can activate RTH. However, this might take some precious time for it to complete. Thereby activating stage 2. By this time, it will then begin it's decent and land wherever. If this happens, you'll lose altitude quickly and could cause either a crash or loss of your Phantom by it's trying to perform 2 different functions at once. Trying to RTH and low voltage self-landing.

Your best bet is to just fly home & land as soon as you see the red led, or are alerted by say a battery voltage meter mounted to the Phantom rather than risk losing it by forcing it to land somewhere on it's own.

O.K.
But i i wonder if it's posible to program the naza that "auto enable" RTH when stage 1 enabled.
I worry that if i can 't see the red ligth on Phantom (sun , trees, rotation .....) and lose it

dkako said:
O.K.
But i i wonder if it's posible to program the naza that "auto enable" RTH when stage 1 enabled.
I worry that if i can 't see the red ligth on Phantom (sun , trees, rotation .....) and lose it
Not a smart thing to do especially if your flying in low altitude when the low voltage alarm triggers. It would hover 3 sec then climb to 60ft and RTH. Now, if you're in low altitude say, 40ft that's as high as it goes. (60ft) to attain RTH. If trees or other obstacles are in the way, it'll crash and won't make it.

Seeing that you're new to this, try watching some or a lot of vids that are available on youtube. Most will suggest timing your flights so you'll have plenty of time to bring it home without the RTH feature. Most when using the stock 11.1v 2200mah battery find it to last at least 8-9 min without aggressive flying. As I've said before. When it goes into stage 1 low voltage RTH will take too long to complete the process and you'll find it starting to land on it's own wherever because it then went to stage 2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.