Battery Problem?

Reaction score
OK so i got a Phantom 3 Standard drone for my birthday back in march, I charged the battery but in the end the weather prevented me from doing anything with it. So I left it until a week ago. I charged the battery, the battery will not display any lights even when plugged in or unplugged.

Whats going on?

is it dead?

More than likely so. I can't speak for the standards batteries because I do not know if they have the intelligent discharge feature. But any Lipo battery regardless, does not like to remain fully charged for very long. It will kill them. As well as discharging too much will as well will do the same.

[Qdon't E="wimblestick, post: 882221, member: 68424"]I guess im just gonna sell my drone then I cant afford a new battery[/QUOTE]
I dont know about others but I wouldn't buy it unless I knew it was air worthy. No battery...no fly. Just get a battery or plan to almost give it away.

Plugged in or unplugged, pressing and holding the button will not allow any lights to come on? It is true that leaving the battery fully charged that long will lower the capacity and life span but it seems very odd it will not turn on at all. I would be leaning more towards there is something else wrong with the battery since one week shouldn't destroy the cells to the point it won't turn on.

[Qdon't E="wimblestick, post: 882232, member: 68424"]I wouldve sold it on day one If I knew they were so badly made[/QUOTE]
I dont think they are badly built as you say. Many have very good luck with theirs. DJI didn't invent lipo technolog , they just use what we have available . There is so much discussion on these batteries. Did you do any research on this before you purchased your Phantom? Maybe someone here has a battery for your unit cheap. Maybe you could part yours out. I have 6 quadcopters using lipos and battery management is really a pain. Good luck with your problem.

^ Check return policies from where you bought it. Most places will take it back and exchange it no questions asked, only go through the DJI customer service hell if you absolutely need to.

Reactions: phantomike
I think the return ship has sailed sadly
I would just talk to DJI about it if you know the seller will not take it back. You will need to include a receipt to be covered under warranty.

More than likely so. I can't speak for the standards batteries because I do not know if they have the intelligent discharge feature. But any Lipo battery regardless, does not like to remain fully charged for very long. It will kill them. As well as discharging too much will as well will do the same.
The batteries are all the same for the P3's, so the standard does use the intelligent flight battery.

If you did not change the setting for auto discharge, it should have taken care of itself, and not held a full charge. I would think that it is a warranty issue.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The batteries are all the same for the P3's, so the standard does use the intelligent flight battery.

If you did not change the setting for auto discharge, it should have taken care of itself, and not held a full charge. I would think that it is a warranty issue.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

how do you set it to auto dishcharge.....is that in the dji go app??

So how long (days/weeks) can/should P3 battery be stored after a full charge and at what % can/should they be stored for how long (days/weeks) between charge and next flight???

So how long (days/weeks) can/should P3 battery be stored after a full charge and at what % can/should they be stored for how long (days/weeks) between charge and next flight???
After a full charge on the battery, you want to use it immediately to get the max amount of flight time and to avoid lowering the capacity. The longest I have left my batteries fully charged is maybe 12 hours i would never recommend going longer than that.
If I am not planning on flying in the next few days, I either drain my batteries to between 30-50% on the last flight or charge my batteries so that one light is solid and one is blinking when you check the level. I have stored my batteries for over a month like this without any drop in capacity.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20