Battery problem???

Reaction score
Hi,
First glitch ever. This morning my P3 landed where it was with a battery warning. I took off a minute ago with a 3/4 full battery, and was so surprised that I watched it landing by itself rather than checking the screen. Once landed the battery was still showing 3 led out of 4.
I changed the battery and flew it again ok.
Once back home, I locked the P3 on the bench and started it ok, but as I was revving for 10 sec to 15 sec periods of time, the battery level started to go orange on one or 2 cells, ending up red on all cells and cut off the phantom completely.
Once back on, everything normal, but as I started revving again, it cut off again quite rapidly... I estimate that I couldn't rev max for more than 15 secs.
also the temp climbed to 51c/124f.
Times charged:10
Low batt warning : 30%
Critical :10%
Any comment about this? Because it looks like if I was to do that in flight, Adios muchachos...
Thanks

Last edited:
It sounds like one of the battery cells was very low. You can upload your TXT flight log here to verify.

Ok, I tried another battery, that I could put it on its knees the same way. It seems that my testing method is not adequate. So ti doesn't mean I have a problem or not with the battery. No idea and quite worry as I have a job coming shortly...

Ok I have to learn how to get this flight log file now... :)

It sounds like one of the battery cells was very low. You can upload your TXT flight log here to verify.
Thanks, done that now, but all what I see is my height and distance. What about the rest? I clicked on Download the CSV, but nothing happened. Any idea?

Got a link to your log?

My log viewer cannot convert DAT logs. Try DatCon.

I'm not sure that locking the Phantom down to a bench or whatever, and rev with props on is ok to do. Seems like you will overload it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: sergekouper
I'm not sure that locking the Phantom down to a bench or whatever, and rev with props on is ok to do. Seems like you will overload it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I think you are right on this. Also, I never heard it revving that high when in flight. It is probably not a good idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.