Battery problem saying non DJI battery

iDrone said:
First, a Vision dropping out of the sky which also quits recording while 150' up and leaves an unclosed file suggests a total loss of power occuring mid-flight. If you search this forum you'll find similar reports which were eventually traced to a broken solder joint where the battery leads are soldered to the Central Board, or broken at the back of the battery connector in the battery compartment. During flight the battery connection would fail and the aircraft would plummet. Any video recording in-progress would cease, leaving the clip unclosed (which could later be recovered by powering-up the camera for a few seconds, long enough for the camera to detect & close the open file on the microSD card).

If the camera cable or its connector was damaged it should likely be replaced, possibly along with the Central Board which may have been damaged in the process. If the Vision app displays no battery status or GPS telemetry, the serial port on the Central Board which carries this data is probably damaged.

The good news is all of these parts are readily available & inexpensive. If you're not up to the task or lack the necessary skills, letting DJI assess & repair your unit would probably be the most reliable & recommended way to go and worth the extra wait.

iDrone :idea:

Thanks for that iDrone the camera cable did get damaged as for the camera its self am not sure as I have not be able to get a new camera lead yet when the phantom hit the ground the phantom went one way and the camera went a other way there was props and skid and bits all over were I was flying in the farmers fields there are a lot of stones it must have hit one am taking it to the shop on Tuesday so will know more

ok was out flying the other day when all of a sudden my p2v fell out of the sky, looked at fvp monitor and it came up 'lost connection'. It was a fully charged battery all pre-flight checks was carried out i.e. compass calibration, homelock was set, set in GPS mode (nazam). Everything was ok for the first minute then it just fell for no reason. Had to have new casing, props and found out the camera cable had a broken wire, maybe caused by the crash but not sure. So new casing fitted then put battery in to test and no lights come on at all but power, now getting wifi and full camera tilt control, but no green and red lights. I've tried a different battery and still no green or red lights, so plugged it into the pc, went to dji assistant software, which is now saying non-dji batterys (which they are). Tried two more dji batterys all say the same thing non-dji battery. At one point I did have four red lights reading error. I have check all wiring and connections and everything is solid. I don't have a clue now, help needed.
I've got 7 batteries and just did a update on each thru assist software. All batts read fine except for one it says non Dji battery. Cleaned post and no luck. Any ideas?

Well if thats the only battery that is still giving you the problem Id say its the battery then. Maybe it was some thing in the battery that is shorting out and letting voltage go threw the data pads circuit some how. esp if its causing any thing along the data pins circuit in the phantom to get hot cause there is usually very very very low volts and hardly any amperage that should becoming out of them pads. Its just a few millivolts

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4