Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery power in storage

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by mick, Dec 1, 2015.

1. mick

I ran my batteries down to 27 - 30% but i might put the bird away for winter, how long do the batteries keep their power, or should I keep giving them a boost.

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

It's best to store the batteries between 30-50% charged. It would be a good idea to at least charge and use your batteries once every ~3 months. See the DJI battery guidelines for more tips.

3. alokbhargava

Also take out the battery from P3 if unused for long.

4. RedHotPoker

They are apparently putting off some heat when they discharge, but I check mine regularly, and they always appear to be slightly cool.

Safe storage of LiPos is important, and there is Always the chance of a battery suddenly going rogue and starting a fire, or even a small but dangerous explosive chemical reaction. Particularly during the charging phase? Not sure how the intelligent side of these things work, perhaps they have a tiny fire extinguisher inside them too. ;-)

RedHotPoker

5. emederos

Just like any lipo battery between 25-50% is fine , no real storage voltage per say just not over 60% and not close to 10% because of the very low self discharge rate just in case....