Battery power in storage

Reaction score
I ran my batteries down to 27 - 30% but i might put the bird away for winter, how long do the batteries keep their power, or should I keep giving them a boost.

It's best to store the batteries between 30-50% charged. It would be a good idea to at least charge and use your batteries once every ~3 months. See the DJI battery guidelines for more tips.

Also take out the battery from P3 if unused for long.

They are apparently putting off some heat when they discharge, but I check mine regularly, and they always appear to be slightly cool.

Safe storage of LiPos is important, and there is Always the chance of a battery suddenly going rogue and starting a fire, or even a small but dangerous explosive chemical reaction. Particularly during the charging phase? Not sure how the intelligent side of these things work, perhaps they have a tiny fire extinguisher inside them too. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Just like any lipo battery between 25-50% is fine , no real storage voltage per say just not over 60% and not close to 10% because of the very low self discharge rate just in case....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers