Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery Overcharge Warning Light on New Battery

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Khador, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Khador

Hi,

I bought a new battery P3 from a local supplier, first charge took a very short time to complete. I took it out for a flight and One of the cells shows as low voltage in the pilot app and the total battery mAh shown on the pilot app is only 1500 ish, i didnt notice this at first though, what i did notice was that it depleted really quickly...

I thought maybe i hadn't charged it properly and put it on charge again... it completed in 15 minutes and i got an overcharge warning light (led 3 on the battery flashing 2 x per second), when i put it into the phantom 3 and connected the pilot app thats when i noticed cell 1 was red (low voltage) and the mAh was way off...

Unless anyone has any bright idea's I take it my new battery is knackered and i need to send it back to the dealer o get it replaced...

2. Retired Pops

was the battery cooled down before you re-charged it?

3. Khador

It was, i left the field, drove home and the AC was on in the car all the way home. It was room temp to the touch when i plugged it in to charge.

Oh and that first flight... it didnt actually get warm... thats how little power there was to discharge.

4. Khador

[​IMG]

My view from the app.

5. bbfpv

send it back.

jlo and Khador like this.
  6. Khador

Yeah.. looks like the intelligent charger isnt working... the # of times charged isnt updating... Oh bugger what a blow.

7. Russ

Just be careful, were you buy your batteries, there are probably a number of fake batteries around already, if you see any for a good price, keep away from them.

8. Coldfire

I'm going to have to look at 2 of my new battrries. Neither are updating how many times they've been charged.

9. loganboyd

I've found the number of times charged only increments when the battery is below some voltage or mAh point. I've topped mine off several times from around 70-80% to full and the times charged didn't increment.

4wd likes this.
  10. Coldfire

Ok, they are new batteries so I am breaking them in. Maybe I'll run one down a little further tonight