Battery or charger issues

Reaction score
My P3P had sit unused all winter and all my 4 batteries has automatically discharged to the safe rest voltage.

When I test those batteries I only get 1 status light on each, but no matter what I tried, they refuse to recharge when plugged directly to a P3 charger (green light on the P3 charger, but no flashing light on the battery) or with the charging hub (which declare all my battery as fully charged with a solid green light but no flashing lights on any battery).

I have 2 P3P charger and both are unable to recharge my batteries directly or through the charging hub. Those chargers stayed in my garage all winter but I cannot believe that freezing temperature can ruin them...

On the other hand, I cannot believe either that my 4 P3 batteries (used less than 10 times each) were damaged in 8 months by the auto discharged mechanism or because they sit unused for that long.

I've tried to put the batteries on before plugging them for charge but they always shut down before any sign of recharging...

Please help!

Maher

Have you tried the force charge technique? When you plug them into the charger and they don't seem to want to charge, turn your battery on. Most of the time, this will force it to charge.

Yeah - you're supposed to store your batteries at room temperature.

Yes, I tried the force charge technique as I said in the last sentence of my message.

And I stored the batteries at room temperature all winter. It is the P3 100W chargers that was stored at freezing temperature all the winter...

OK guys, my mistake;

I was using a P2 charger so no wonder my P3 batteries would not charged at all.
I should have thought of that long before, but I was under the impression that a P2 charger wasn't mechanically compatible and therefore wouldn't match the P3 battery prongs... But a P2 charger fit perfectly with a P3 battery and with the P3 battery hub. That scare me a little because, at some point, I will probably try by mistake to charge my P2 batteries with the hub and the P3 charger and I'm not sure it will end very well...

Maher

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20