Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery not showing correct charge when button pressed to check?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by passive jay, Jun 7, 2015.

1. passive jay

I decided to fly the drone a bit before I started my shift at the country club today. Checked the battery at home and it said it had a full charge. But 45 minutes later when I get the drone ready and turn everything on it said 37%! This is the second time I have had the battery tell me the wrong charge level.

Is anyone else having this issue?

still got some shots. No editing software on my work computer but here are a couple of the unaltered shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. passive jay

3. passive jay

4. skyhighdiver

yup just you

5. louforgiveno

I would be concerned by that, very concerned. Stories of failing batteries and total losses are reason enough to not fly with that battery....

6. passive jay

The only reason I am not more concerned is that as soon as I turned on the phantom the app told me it was at 37%. So at least I knew what my power level was at before I took off. It was just the lights on the back of the battery that were not accurate, and when i pressed the button again after seeing the 37% it showed the correct, reduced battery level there as well.

7. Dome

Probably the battery is defective ... Unless you are keeping it in extreme condition, like in too hot weather or in a hot car trunk for example.

8. Julius717

How long Has It Been Since You Used It Before That Flight ?

9. passive jay

About a week. To be honest I dont think i charged it after so I was surprised when i saw that i showed a full charge when I pushed the button.

10. denodan

Same here, charged my battery up and turned off when fully charged. Went to fly it, the battery showed 3 leds going and said I had 73% battery life, yet still got 19 mins flight time so battery was fully charged, battery indication wrong. Only ever had it once, but was cold outside.