Battery not showing correct charge when button pressed to check?

Reaction score
I decided to fly the drone a bit before I started my shift at the country club today. Checked the battery at home and it said it had a full charge. But 45 minutes later when I get the drone ready and turn everything on it said 37%! This is the second time I have had the battery tell me the wrong charge level.

Is anyone else having this issue?

still got some shots. No editing software on my work computer but here are a couple of the unaltered shots.

DJI_0056_zpsk05qhmb1.jpg

DJI_0039_zpscrgbarcw.jpg

DJI_0011_zpsvqfob4fo.jpg

I decided to fly the drone a bit before I started my shift at the country club today. Checked the battery at home and it said it had a full charge. But 45 minutes later when I get the drone ready and turn everything on it said 37%! This is the second time I have had the battery tell me the wrong charge level.

Is anyone else having this issue?

still got some shots. No editing software on my work computer but here are a couple of the unaltered shots.

DJI_0056_zpsk05qhmb1.jpg

DJI_0039_zpscrgbarcw.jpg

DJI_0011_zpsvqfob4fo.jpg
I would be concerned by that, very concerned. Stories of failing batteries and total losses are reason enough to not fly with that battery....

I would be concerned by that, very concerned. Stories of failing batteries and total losses are reason enough to not fly with that battery....

The only reason I am not more concerned is that as soon as I turned on the phantom the app told me it was at 37%. So at least I knew what my power level was at before I took off. It was just the lights on the back of the battery that were not accurate, and when i pressed the button again after seeing the 37% it showed the correct, reduced battery level there as well.

Probably the battery is defective ... Unless you are keeping it in extreme condition, like in too hot weather or in a hot car trunk for example.

How long Has It Been Since You Used It Before That Flight ?

Same here, charged my battery up and turned off when fully charged. Went to fly it, the battery showed 3 leds going and said I had 73% battery life, yet still got 19 mins flight time so battery was fully charged, battery indication wrong. Only ever had it once, but was cold outside.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers