Battery not charging/No charging indicator lights

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just fired up my PV2 after a couple of weeks of no use, I updated the camera firmware and thought i'd charge up my batteries but when I plug them in I get nothing on the battery, no lights at all. My charger is seemingly working, it has it's green indicator light on and when I test for voltage accross it's charging pins I get a constant 12.71v. I have 2 PV2 batteries and it is the same for both! I have tried wiggling connections but not the hint of a charging indicator!

I can't believe both batteries have just decided to stop taking charge at exactly the same time for no reason. if I plug the PV2 in to the assistant software with each battery, all outputs, battery life % etc seem fine.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Any things to try? Can anyone confirm 12.7V ccross the charging pins to ensure this is correct?

Many thanks in advance

Thanks a lot Pull up, that does seem to have got it going!

It's strange though as I certainly haven't had to do that before and I have charged all the batteries several times!

Fingers crossed it shall continue to charge and discharge normally.

Both batteries were last used on the 6th January, I left them stored in my case at room temp, one at 40% charge the other at 47%.

I have read that with the Vision this should be about right but feel free to let me know if i'm wrong, as i'm still learning the dark arts of Lipo usage and storage at the moment!!

If the batteries were almost full and you tried to 'top them up" then that behavior you saw appears to be normal. Mine does the same thing if I try to charge a almost full battery.

You need to drain a little power from it first then it will start charging. It must be some sort of safety feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fireye81 said:
Both batteries were last used on the 6th January, I left them stored in my case at room temp, one at 40% charge the other at 47%.

I have read that with the Vision this should be about right but feel free to let me know if i'm wrong, as i'm still learning the dark arts of Lipo usage and storage at the moment!!

So am I :lol: , but what you did is pretty much ideal, and it's not that much of a lay-up. Maybe it's just that the smart circuitry needed a kick up the proverbials to get things going. Probably worth having a look at both batteries in the Assistant again once they have been fully charged just to make sure no cells are doing anything odd, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik