Battery never reaches 100%?

Reaction score
I never got P2 and now P3 batteries charged at 100%. They are 97%-98% even new ones.
I've seen some videos displaying DJI app battery charge at 100%.
Why is that?

Either something is wrong with your outlet that you have charger plugged into or the charger is messed up or the batteries you received are defective. Mine always charged to 100%. I'm curious did you break them in or no?

It is brand new, maybe first times batteries do not reach 100% until they are in regular use, I don't know.
My 4 P2 batteries never (I mean NEVER) displayed 100% in my OSD after fully charged. I have two desktop chargers and another one for the car.
All are in good condition.
My AC current is 220V

From what I understand, the percentage is relative to the actual capacity of the battery. When new, the actual capacity is 100% of the manufactured capacity. Over time, the battery will loose some of its capacity to store and won't charge to 100% of the manufactured capacity. That is apparently normal. Periodically, I think DJI says every 20th charging, you should fully discharge the battery (actually to 8%) and then fully charge it after it cools. If I understand correctly, the actual capacity will be recognized and will now be the baseline for the percentage so you should see 100% again.

Here is a link to a youtube video that surely does a better job of explaining it than me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I periodically do what you say, P2 motors turned on for a long time to almost fully discharged them. No way.
This new P3, first charge: 96% displays the app.
For my first tests and firmware upgrades I have near 80%. It is welcome the new that I plugged the charger and it is charging.
My P2 batteries don't charge if 4 leds are green (more than 75% of charge)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers