Battery mods !! Q&A's

Reaction score
Its seems a lot of us want to know how to DIY bat mod or where to get it done!
With these popular chats and brags of the excellent fpvlr & itelite antennas, the next upgrade would be to battery mod your bird to use these antennas to there full potential!
I havent been able to dig up u-tube vids or images of how to's! Could we use this thread to share whats involved in the install, how to use the xtra batteries, and any info that may help the curiosities of a subject that seems to pop up a lot in antenna & long distance conversations.i know i personally would already have done this mod if i knew more about it.

Its seems a lot of us want to know how to DIY bat mod or where to get it done!
With these popular chats and brags of the excellent fpvlr & itelite antennas, the next upgrade would be to battery mod your bird to use these antennas to there full potential!
I havent been able to dig up u-tube vids or images of how to's! Could we use this thread to share whats involved in the install, how to use the xtra batteries, and any info that may help the curiosities of a subject that seems to pop up a lot in antenna & long distance conversations.i know i personally would already have done this mod if i knew more about it.
I haven't seen the inside of my drone so I can't say for certain what the mod consists of. I run nano tech 1300's for tray batteries.

There's a positive and negative terminal when you take off the top, you can solder direct to that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-15-22-02-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-15-22-02-08.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 377
Do you start the bird up as usual the plug in batteries, whats the procedure? Whats it show on app when you startout , hows that work. I read of plenty of people with this mod but would like to here more of your experiences to help me and others considering
It to know what to expect.

I was wondering if you could just solder the external battery leads to the point where the P3 battery wires are soldered to the main battery "blades" that the internal battery plugs into. Looks to be pretty accessible to me.

I'd like a little more info. before I try this myself.

:harry

Is there a technical reason that 4c 1000/1300 mah bats are used not a couple 2200's or is all about weight

Is there a video to demonstrate how to do the battery mod on the battery it self ?

Is there a technical reason that 4c 1000/1300 mah bats are used not a couple 2200's or is all about weight

I think the 1000's and 1300 4s batteries are optimum for capacity vs weight*
*Turnigy Nano-Tech 4s 45-90c battery weight:

The 1000 4s 124g
The 1300 4s 155g
The 2200 4s 257g

Personally, I think the 1000 4s bats are the best compromise. And remember, these weights are for each battery...you need two if you're going to use a dual battery mod.

:harry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers