Battery Mod

Reaction score
Hi i am not sure if it's posted anywhere else, I am looking for a battery mod for a P3S.

I am wanting to do longer flight time like everyone else, but not sure where to look and what I should be looking at. I saw external battery added on. Will a P3S support 2 external battery wings?

The standard will carry pretty much as much weight as it's big p3 brothers! I usually get 3 to 5 more minutes from the same battery combo on the standard then I do from its big brothers, because it's lighter. You can go with light and cute batteries like this for 30 minutes
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467230958.768088.jpg

Or I've even flown with huge heavy ones like this for 40 minutes. Although you can find a happy medium, this one's a little too heavy for my taste
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467231002.119440.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467231059.993394.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467231059.993394.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 466
The standard will carry pretty much as much weight as it's big p3 brothers! I usually get 3 to 5 more minutes from the same battery combo on the standard then I do from its big brothers, because it's lighter. You can go with light and cute batteries like this for 30 minutesView attachment 58531
Or I've even flown with huge heavy ones like this for 40 minutes. Although you can find a happy medium, this one's a little too heavy for my tasteView attachment 58532

One question I have is where do you splice into, I've seen ppl take apart the battery and install wires out of the battery. And I thought I saw ppl install wires in the bird. So I'm not sure which way to go.

Attachments

• 1467235133017.jpg
    1467235133017.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 501
Looking at doing it with the yellow batteries you posted. How much extra time u get with using them.

The standard will carry pretty much as much weight as it's big p3 brothers! I usually get 3 to 5 more minutes from the same battery combo on the standard then I do from its big brothers, because it's lighter. You can go with light and cute batteries like this for 30 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey DB
I've caught the bug. Wanting more time to go further. Those two yellow batteries where did you get them from. Did you splice the original battery yourself? Could I use a generic one instead of a DJI original? Just to save a few bucks lol

Blood addictive hobby hahaha

Those yellow one are horizons 5.2 split . I can get 30-32 on p3a/p with those, 32-34 min on p3S.
The only benefit to the horizon split mod is they take your dji bat and mod it w/ a balance plug. Then you can charge the split pack w/ your main bat. No need for extra charger. Another great starter external is the maxamp 2000 mah. 30 min outa those and theyre so little you dont know theyre there!
I prefer the single 5.2 multistar strapped under the VPS. 34-39 min

Reactions: 1800BigRob
Those yellow one are horizons 5.2 split . I can get 30-32 on p3a/p with those, 32-34 min on p3S.
The only benefit to the horizon split mod is they take your dji bat and mod it w/ a balance plug. Then you can charge the split pack w/ your main bat. No need for extra charger. Another great starter external is the maxamp 2000 mah. 30 min outa those and theyre so little you dont know theyre there!
I prefer the single 5.2 multistar strapped under the VPS. 34-39 min

DB can you show us a pic of the multistar strapped to the bird. The 5.2 is 15.2v right? Can't find one here is Australia yet...

Cheers mate. I really got the bug to fly more haha

Hi ... not so much extending flight time ... but about the battery packs. I asked on another site if it was possible to 'renovate' an old Intelligent battery pack ... as in replace the LiPo inside.

I was basically told that any alterations / modifications / mucking about with it would cause the 'chip' to malfunction ... they gave impression it's like HP Printer cartridges !!

I see on Banggood you can buy plain empty battery cases for the P3 ... so would it be possible to create own packs ? I realise the pack won't have the intelligence board ... so was why I thought about getting an old pack that LiPo's failed and swapping out for a good one ..

Any one done it ?

Oops I went and done it. Mavic Pro sitting in front of me in the lounge room now. Still really want to push my P3S to long distances and flight times, but might go on the back burner for a little now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: dirtybum

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie