Battery - Major Cell deviations - Charger?

Reaction score
Hi Guys;

I am just wondering...of us that are showing major deviations on Healthydrones...

Are you seeing major deviations in excess of 4-5 per flight?
Which Charger do you have PRO (100W)?
Or Advanced (57W)?

Wondering if the deviations might be related to the charger used.

The chargers are just power supplies.

The balancing and other protections are part of the 'intelligent' hardware stuck to the top of the battery that DJI charges about their weight in Gold for.

Thank you, I understand that...however to charge a battery in half the time,this means that the charge variables applied to the battery is different from one to the next.

The intelligent charger (within the battery case) is definitely executing a different charge routine and charge variables to shorten the charge time.

That being said...Yes, I stand corrected, thank you, it is the battery charger once connected to the 57W or 100W power supply that is responsible for the difference.

Really, it comes down to this...

Are PRO owners seeing more deviations than Advanced owners.

I have argued for a while (by only monitoring the voltage during charging) that the charging profile used does not appear to be the typical CC/CV provided by typical LiPo chargers.

Charging time is diminished only because the wattage is increased. That is, the rate that the same energy is pushed. It's still balanced the exact same way. It's like having a bigger pipe to carry water but it's still divided in half.

So again...the fact is charging is faster with more charge current for the PRO....so....

Do the PRO users see more cell deviations, once charged and put under load (flown).?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic