Battery maintenance?

Reaction score
I'm leaving town (military) for two months-cant bring the PV2.
What would be best for my new batteries--
Completely drain?
Fully charge?
Or have a friend start the copter (no flying!) and drain batteries once week while I'm gone?
THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

tPhantom2 said:
Completely drain?
Fully charge?
Or have a friend start the copter (no flying!) and drain batteries once week while I'm gone?
THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

Ideally you want to get it down to around 40% of its charge (this is how most Lipo's are placed in storage mode). Ideally you'd do this via a storage mode slow drain (so the chemicals inside are gently lowered down). Not sure how you do this on a PV or P2. If nothing else i'd suggest either flying it for just over half the duartion of a full flight. Then pop it in the fridge (slows down the chemical reactions inside a bit while you are away).

Either way avoid keeping it fully charged or fully discharged... neither of these are good for lipo's shelf life.

Thanks for the info and advice!
I should be able to use the app to monitor battery level until I reach 40% then pop them in the fridge (I had never heard of that before)--
Thanks again

DeweyAXD said:
tPhantom2 said:
Completely drain?
Fully charge?
THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

Ideally you want to get it down to around 40% of its charge (this is how most Lipo's are placed in storage mode). Ideally you'd do this via a storage mode slow drain (so the chemicals inside are gently lowered down). Not sure how you do this on a PV or P2. If nothing else i'd suggest either flying it for just over half the duartion of a full flight. Then pop it in the fridge (slows down the chemical reactions inside a bit while you are away).

Either way avoid keeping it fully charged or fully discharged... neither of these are good for lipo's shelf life.
I never heard of that. Great advice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik