Battery Maintenance Schedule on HealthyDrones

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone following HealthyDrones recommendation for battery maintenance? As an example, one of my batts is being flagged for 'Basic Service Is Due' mainly because it has gone past the recommended 200 mins total air time. It is currently at 16 cycles according to the DJI Go app though. Is it too early to perform a deep cycle discharge at this point in time ?

Cheers

As I understand - the reason for the procedure is not so much the "health" of the battery but the accuracy of the % of battery/flight time left. The deep discharge (again, as I understand it) is to "reset" the battery so that the % will be more accurate as the battery ages.

Personally I do not like "deep cycling" a Lithium battery... everything I have read (and experienced) says it's not good on them - even though DJI recommends doing it. At least in the past if you burned a battery down to below 10% you just took a lot of longevity life out of your battery. Maybe the P3 and P4 DJI batteries can handle this.... the P2 batteries were crap...

Bottom line is the older and more cycles the battery the less flight time you will have - it's the nature of Lithium batteries...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.