Battery limits and battery alarm

Reaction score
My battery limits are set like this:

No load Under load
11.3 10.7 LED Warning
11.2 10.6 Descend

I bought a battery alarm, left it at the default settings. The quad "landed" due to a low battery both times I flew it today. I noticed very little time between the LED alert and it landing. The alarm did not go off.

1. Can I safely adjust the landing limit lower? At what voltage will it fall out of the sky?
2. Should I set the first limit higher to give me more time between the two alarms?
3. What should I set the alarm at? Should I set it for the "Under Load" or "No Load" value?

My flight with the 2200 Mah battery lasted 6:30, the one with the 2700 Mah battery lasted 9:00

I am running with a GoPro Hero 3 in a lightweight mount and my standard camera, using a lightweight mount made of Kydex. I had prop guards on it and the extended landing gear.

Thanks.

I safely set my alarm buzzer to 3..5 volts per cell. But i would set it a touch higher when I get a camera and gimbal. Like 3.6-3.7 volts per cell. Also once you install a cell checker you can turn of the on board voltage alerts. Then you wont auto land before the alarm.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl