Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery limits and battery alarm

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by darwin-t, Jun 26, 2014.

1. darwin-t

My battery limits are set like this:

No load Under load
    11.3 10.7 LED Warning
    11.2 10.6 Descend

I bought a battery alarm, left it at the default settings. The quad "landed" due to a low battery both times I flew it today. I noticed very little time between the LED alert and it landing. The alarm did not go off.

1. Can I safely adjust the landing limit lower? At what voltage will it fall out of the sky?
    2. Should I set the first limit higher to give me more time between the two alarms?
    3. What should I set the alarm at? Should I set it for the "Under Load" or "No Load" value?

My flight with the 2200 Mah battery lasted 6:30, the one with the 2700 Mah battery lasted 9:00

I am running with a GoPro Hero 3 in a lightweight mount and my standard camera, using a lightweight mount made of Kydex. I had prop guards on it and the extended landing gear.

Thanks.

2. Ozzyguy

I safely set my alarm buzzer to 3..5 volts per cell. But i would set it a touch higher when I get a camera and gimbal. Like 3.6-3.7 volts per cell. Also once you install a cell checker you can turn of the on board voltage alerts. Then you wont auto land before the alarm.