Battery life

Reaction score
I saw that my battery life was 98% i have only use it 6 times so how could it go down so fast? My second battery is 99 % to and used 8 times, i have flown the battery to 50 % of all my flights that i had read you should do the first 10 flights.

From what i understood and have read on this forum - once you do your first deep cycle that could very well bring it back to 100% :)

You will get "100%" after a deep cycle, but that is ONLY a calibration so the percentage is correct for flying, auto land at low battery etc. You will NOT get your performance back or the flight times of a new battery. You will always get a decreased performance the more cycles you have on the battery

The best thing you can do for your batteries is to NOT store them for long periods at full charge, but rather about 50%... and in a cool area (not hot). Also do not discharge them past 20%.... I shoot for 25% for best life.

On two of my batteries (Phantom 2) I was lazy and stored them at full charge for about a month..... I got only 14 and 18 TOTAL cycles on the batteries before they died.

This is why after 10 days (the DJI default - you can change this in the app) your P3 batteries will start to auto discharge down to 50%.... I was not so lucky on my P2 batteries.

Last edited:
You will get "100%" after a deep cycle, but that is ONLY a calibration so the percentage is correct for flying, auto land at low battery etc. You will NOT get your performance back or the flight times of a new battery. You will always get a decreased performance the my cycles you have on the battery

The best thing you can do for your batteries is to NOT store them for long periods at full charge, but rather about 50%... and in a cool area (not hot). Also do not discharge them past 20%.... I shoot for 25% for best life.

On two of my batteries (Phantom 2) I was lazy and stored them at full charge for about a month..... I got only 14 and 18 TOTAL cycles on the batteries before they died.

This is why after 10 days (the DJI default - you can change this in the app) your P3 batteries will start to auto discharge down to 50%.... I was not so lucky on my P2 batteries.
I always keep my batteri att third led blinking when store it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20