Battery Life

Reaction score
Got a P2V - just wondering how many flights you can get out of the extender before needing to recharge. So far, I only go two flights and then recharge. Just wondering if anyone has any idea? I also have rechargeable AA's on the RC and wondering the same thing.....?

Thanks from Atlanta

Around 10 flights for the wifi and maybe 20 flights on the rc. I normally fly 4/6 flights before charging the wifi and I completely lose count on the RC but I always carry a fresh set of 4 Aa's with me to swap over. Your rc (tx) will start beeping when she's low on juice.

Thanks Ireland! I did not know about the RC warning signal. Does the wifi extender have an indicator as well?

guyatl2000 said:
Thanks Ireland! I did not know about the RC warning signal. Does the wifi extender have an indicator as well?
Nope she'll just go flat, no beeps. Get a usb battery pack, I have one that will charge up 2 usb devices at once ie phone and wifi extender. It wont charge them fast like if it was plugged into the mains at home but it will keep them powered in case of an emergency. A cigarette lighter charger is another one to have, any micro usb charger that fits the likes of a samsung will do the job for the wifi. Another tip is never forget your micro sd card, im a demon even after all my flying for leaving it In my laptop, when I press record and it tells me no sd card inserted a huge facepalm always occurs. My trick then is to take the sd card from my phone or tablet and use that as a handy backup

One more question. I often fly in a mountain area. If for example I am using the ground station feature and launch high up over a valley, does the Phantom operate at AGL (above ground level) or based on the altitude that is home or where it is launched from? IE, does AGL actually change with the terrain? My worries are that I could crash into a mountain if the Phantom does not recoginize the change of terrain.... Any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4