Battery Life In standby

Reaction score
So I just got my Phantom FC40 today and I already got it stuck on the roof of my building. What is the average battery life in standby. Its in a turtled postion right now, but if I could right it some how without geting a ladder i was hoping i might be able to fly it down.

I did a calculation before but forgot what the power draw was. On a full battery I think we're talking ~8 hours.

Well I tried righting it with a coat hanger and paracord and that failed. The cord is now stuck on the gutter. :(
b3085e.jpg

haha
same thing happened to me on my first flight
got stuck up a big palm tree
first and last time ive crashed it
i would be throwing a stick with fishing line attached up at it then just pull it down and catch it when it falls
wont suffer much damage even if it lands on the ground from that height
just hope it doesnt start raining

OI Photography said:
"Don't you see, honey? If I had an even bigger quad, I could just fly up there and scoop it off the roof..."

;)

You're welcome

I like how this man thinks! You sound like me! LOL. Fair warning though this kind of thought process/statements often get you in trouble.

Phantom recovered. Need a new set of props now since they got grownd down on the roof shingles. First upgrade is going to be a set of prop guards. Also want ot find some wider anti tip landing gear or some extesnions.

Be careful, all those together are a recipe for instability in the air. If you fly out in the open, I would recommend against the guards and just take it slow and easy until you are more comfortable with controlling the phantom.

I personally have prop guards, and while it's a bit bumpy descending down quickly, I don't get all the hate with them. In my opinion, it makes the Phantom look better, and saves my props.

ButteryNipples said:
I personally have prop guards, and while it's a bit bumpy descending down quickly, I don't get all the hate with them. In my opinion, it makes the Phantom look better, and saves my props.

Don't worry, I get that all the time with carbon fiber blades. Just fly what you want, be aware of the limitations, and don't let others get to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31