Battery level

Jay

Reaction score
Hi all what happens if battery goes to 0% will it just fall from the sky ? I had a near one the other day I forgot to turn volume up on phone and didn't hear the low level warning.Had 8% battery to fly back from quite a distance my heart was pounding lucky i got it back.

I guess its descent at 9.8 metres per second freefall!

I would of thought it would of auto landed at 15% ? I've got mine to alarm me at 25% and presume it auto lands at 15% but never tried it. Might have a go later flying close in and see what happens :)

He was asking what would happen if it went to 0% :). He must have his warning levels set very low! I leave mine at the default. And start to fly home no lower than 40%.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

IrishSights said:
He was asking what would happen if it went to 0% :). He must have his warning levels set very low! I leave mine at the default. And start to fly home no lower than 40%.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I had default settings 30% warning

After it hit 15% or whatever your second level battery warning is set at, there should be a very noticeable difference in flight behavior. Mine tries to auto-land after hitting 15%, descending slowly but I can keep it in the air with a lot of up-throttle. Definitely more sluggish than normal flight control.

Geert said:
Jay said:
Hi all what happens if battery goes to 0% will it just fall from the sky ? I had a near one the other day I forgot to turn volume up on phone and didn't hear the low level warning.Had 8% battery to fly back from quite a distance my heart was pounding lucky i got it back.

If you reach 0% the motors will stop and your Phantom will drop out of the sky like a rock !
You don't want to try that.

Geert./.
I thought thats what I said :) Ah well...

I tested this a little last week while I was flying around the back yard at really no more than 30 feet altitude (was trying to drain the battery as far down as possible).

At about 12%, the ascent rate is seriously impeded. That rate becomes worse exponentially as your battery continues to deplete to 8%. At that point, you can no longer ascend. If you push the left stick up you will essentially hover there. Let off the stick and it will start its descent to the ground.

MikeON said:
After it hit 15% or whatever your second level battery warning is set at, there should be a very noticeable difference in flight behavior. Mine tries to auto-land after hitting 15%, descending slowly but I can keep it in the air with a lot of up-throttle. Definitely more sluggish than normal flight control.

I tested it last night and at about 15% it did nothing

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4