Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

battery level warning thresholds

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by ghost hawk, Jan 20, 2015.

1. ghost hawk

i am only getting 16-18 minutes flying time on my batteries (naza mode) and want to change the battery level warning thresholds on my P2V+ to increase flying time.

i have been onto the phantom 2 assistant {ADVANCED} tab {BATTERY } section but no adjustment there..........any ideas please on how to change these levels?

thanks

2. BlackTracer

You can't change those levels in the latest firmware. They are fixed at 20% for first warning and 15% for critical warning and autoland.

Is your 16-18 mins what you get at the 15% warning? That is a little bit light, but not terrible or unheard of. The 20 and 15 levels are pretty safe and you probably dont want to change them. When you hit 20% you should be definitely thinking about landing, if not landing already. Otherwise if you let it get to 15%, you will be struggling with countering the autoland with full throttle and manuevering back at the same time. Not recommended mostly.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

If this setting is important, you could install and older version of the Phantom Assistant -- which will allow you to roll the firmware back. That also means you'll be missing out on any features DJI added after that firmware update.

4. ghost hawk

thanks for those replies - much appreciated. on reflection maybe i'll stick where i am!