BATTERY LEVEL WARNING THRESHOLD

Reaction score
What is your Battery Level Warning Threshold on the PV2+?
What do you think which setting is safe for you to fly?
What actually is triggering the fail safe? Is it really the critical battery level which we can set, or is it something else?

25%/12% - By the time you reach the second warning, its a good idea to be close to home. The warning is coming from your settings but, judging from failing batteries sending out warnings at higher levels, the battery electronics must be capable of overriding the settings and triggering the alert at any level.

Dirty Bird said:
25%/12% - By the time you reach the second warning, its a good idea to be close to home. The warning is coming from your settings but, judging from failing batteries sending out warnings at higher levels, the battery electronics must be capable of overriding the settings and triggering the alert at any level.

Unfortunately I think with the current firmware the battery levels are no longer set able ... And I have gotten the warnings at different levels. I wonder if there is an algorithm being used to tigger the warning considering distance and altitude.

I still run the older firmware (3.0) and app (1.0.39). In the new version, the battery warning is variable and based on when you are reaching the limit of being able to make it back home safely on the remaining power. If you are a mile away you will receive the warning much sooner than if you are 100' away. The color coded power level bar at the top varies with distance from home.

True. But prior to the current firmware my battery warnings came on exactly at the levels I had them set at, 25/12. Now it is inconsistent. The first warning I can understand being based on the situation, but it seems it goes to the second warning rather quickly and begins auto decent. Before by watching the battery levels you knew what was going to happen. Now it kinda catches you by surprise.

Wish they would change it back to the way it was!

You may be able to if you revert to an older version of the app? Not sure if its the firmware or the app that initiates the auto-land? You can override by switching to ATTI mode and then back to GPS mode. You may have to use up-throttle to maintain altitude once the battery reaches the second threshold, but that was true even with the older firmware.

Thanks. Never considered if it was app or firmware.

Using ATTI mode would cancel the RTH (if you had it selected) for low battery, but would it override the Autoland function?

Even with 3.0/1.0.39 app, once the bird reached the second threshold it began to bleed altitude. It didn't initiate an "auto-land on the spot" though. But yes, if you switch to ATTI mode then back to GPS mode it should cancel the auto-land and allow you to continue flying. You will likely need to use the throttle to maintain altitude (>90% throttle) and be aware the lift is much lower so don't come down too hot. I have been fortunate a couple of times with the hot landing with low battery situation. :shock:

Auto-Land would be a bit of an issue if you were over water. It would be nice to spend your last 20% getting to shore. I always try to be on the ground with lots of juice left in the tank.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31