Battery Issues

Reaction score
Guys,

I tried doing a search but didnt come up with anything, so I appologize if this has been brought up before.
I have 5 batteries, two came with the Phantom and the additional ones I purchased. Well, 9 months later I have the first three batteries going dead on me. The first one shows 99% charged and 2 minutes into the flight the warning sound comes on and it starts to land. The second and third one also show 99% charged and they do the same thing, but these not until I'm 5 minutes into the flight and they drain very quickly.
I tried to check the firmware to see if that was an issue, but the software is telling me that there is no update for the battery..

Any thought. beside throwing them away..

Thanks

Rick

What firmware do you have on the batteries right now?

Have you been flying them over the past 9 months, or have the batteries not been used during this time? LiPo batteries must be stored correctly or risk damaging them.

From DJI: "For long term storage please place the battery with only a 40~50% capacity in a strong battery box securely. We recommend discharging and charging the battery completely once every 3 months to keep it in good condition. The capacity should be varied in such a cycle 40%~50%—0%—100%—40%~50%."

dptcalvin said:
What firmware do you have on the batteries right now?

Have you been flying them over the past 9 months, or have the batteries not been used during this time? LiPo batteries must be stored correctly or risk damaging them.

+1

Also - when you plug into the phantom assistant after you have a short flight - what are the readings on the batteries? do they indeed have a low charge - or are they showing that they are still close to fully charged?

Yes I have been flying them all along. This started to happen about 2 months ago with the first battery. Then last weekend the other two took a dump. I normally fly only on the weekends, so I start charging them on Friday.
When I go into the software, it dosn't say what firmware I have on the batteries. Maybe I'm not looking in the correct screen.

Rickesco said:
Yes I have been flying them all along. This started to happen about 2 months ago with the first battery. Then last weekend the other two took a dump. I normally fly only on the weekends, so I start charging them on Friday.
When I go into the software, it dosn't say what firmware I have on the batteries. Maybe I'm not looking in the correct screen.

In the assistant software go to upgrade with the phantom plugged in it will tell you what firmware you're using and if there are any updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31