Battery Issues

Reaction score
I am having an issue with my battery's. With a full charge the copter will often say the battery's are dead and try to land. When I plug the copter in to the assistant software it says the batters are not DJI battery's. But there the same battery's I have had the whole time.

Cleaning the pads on the battery & the pins on the Phantom worked for me when the assistant would not recognize one when upgrading them. I have added this task to my routine maintenance.

Wow, that stuff aint cheap. Just ordered a small tube.

I use a typewriter eraser (google it) to polish the terminals on both the batteries and pins in the craft. This should be done very mildly or lightly as you could wear off the plating. Then, I apply a light coating of DeOxit with a Q-tip.

I started doing this after getting a "battery communication error" and the Phantom falling out of the sky from 80'. I haven't had a problem since.

Since I work in electronics having DeOxit and typewriter erasers at my desposal is routine. I found typewriter erasers on eBay.
As to price, I just order $100 worth of DeOxit.

Geo

I use the gold version on my Canon DSLR lens contacts but have never tried the red. That little tube last a long time.
Anyone know what the benefits, if any, that the gold DeoxIT (progold) provides versus the red version?

I don't think the brand of cleaner is as important as the fact that you're using one. DeOxit has proven to be one of the best cleaners around and many pros use it. It's not a bad idea to get some as it should last a long time for normal household use. In my job a can lasts about 2-3 weeks.

Geo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31