battery issues, gimbal at an angle, and other weird issues

Reaction score
Phantom 2 - with two dji batteries. Each battery has probably 20-22 full charges and flights on them. Usually flown to around 20% then recharged, but a few times batteries left to full discharge.

Took the phantom to the beach but noticed a few things.

First, the flight time of my phantom 2 is no more than 14 minutes each. I turned the gopro on, took off, landed when the phantom was landing itself, changed the battery, took off and landed when the phantom was landing itself again, and the gopro was at under 30 minutes...

I noticed the Phantom would start flashing red lights and wouldn't increase in altitude when the battery was at 30%. I haven't flown in a while but I was pretty sure it was closer to 20% before that was supposed to happen.

Also noticed the gimbal seems to be holding the camera at a slight angle. I'm sure it's unrelated but still something I'm curious about.

Open to any suggestions. I last updated the firmware (and immediately regretted it) right when they came out with the firmware that would auto land when it went within X number of miles of an airport. Not sure that helps diagnose the issue, but thought it wouldn't hurt.

Appreciate the help in advance

Re: battery issues, gimbal at an angle, and other weird issu

I'm having the same issue as well as others, see here for more info--> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17324

I was hoping that it was a software issue corrected in the latest firmware update, but no such luck. It seems to be a smart battery issue and some report that DJI replaced their batteries. I guess I will give them a call and see first hand what they do.

Re: battery issues, gimbal at an angle, and other weird issu

The tilted gimbal suggests the IMU needs calibrating. Ignore the message that it is OK and calibrate anyway.

Make sure the Phantom is on flat ground when you switch it on and also ensure you calibrate the compass as well. Don't hand hold it as it warms up.

The no-fly zone is nowhere near as severe as you might thing. You need to be basically on the airport for it not to take off, with limits on altitude not really extending that far either.

I find I only get 15-17 minutes with my rig, but I have quite a powerful video TX and don't always remember to charge to the go-pro battery either...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers