BATTERY ISSUES (Early Autoland)??? POST HERE

So I just thought I would start a new topic on this. Have any of you that upgraded to 3.04 noticed that you get the first or even second level red LED flash earlier than normal. Even thought I don't have iosd I am pretty sure I have seen first level at time at around 35% to 40%. Then I have also experience auto descend at 25%-30% when this should only happen at second level. So speak up if you have noticed anything weird, only concerning battery level warnings on the 3.04.

**Updated Thread name

***Update
If you are having this issue on any firmware version, please post here and let us know at what % battery level you go into 2nd level and what % you start to auto descend. Also let us know how many discharges and battery life % is on your battery. I am really starting to think this is a battery issue/bug, possible when you get into 70ish discharges at around 75% battery life.
I get not even 5 min flight time with all three of my Phantom 2 batteries. I bought this about year and a half ago and had maybe 20 flights. Kinda pissed actually considering the price of replacement batteries.

Has anyone who has an "early land" battery, tried to recycle it using the very low charge method?
That is, deplete the battery so low that there are no lights and won't come back on ... then give it a full charge ?

I get not even 5 min flight time with all three of my Phantom 2 batteries. I bought this about year and a half ago and had maybe 20 flights. Kinda pissed actually considering the price of replacement batteries.

I had a battery that had done only 19 charges and then the RC assitant reports a bad battery... Heliguy.com replace it for me.
I'd had the battery for almost a year.. with such a low usage I'd go for the replacement route.

I had a battery that had done only 19 charges and then the RC assitant reports a bad battery... Heliguy.com replace it for me.
I'd had the battery for almost a year.. with such a low usage I'd go for the replacement route.

That is a amazing shout out for those guys and is all the reason I would have for dealing with them. Going to check their website now. Most companies would give you the answer I got which was " DJI Phantom batteries have a problem and DJI will only warranty them for three months, sorry".

Has anyone who has an "early land" battery, tried to recycle it using the very low charge method?
That is, deplete the battery so low that there are no lights and won't come back on ... then give it a full charge ?
I did this and it seemed to work. Battery had 70 discharges and it was starting to auto land prematurely at first it was at was landing at the first warning level then it got as bad as to auto land at 50%. I drained the battery completely until the led lights would no longer turn on charged back up and haven't seen the auto land issue yet after about 10 flights. However I do not fly with this battery past 10.8 volts that seems to be the sweet stop with these batteries. I have flown down to first battery warning without going into auto land. I actually did a stress test once the battery hit first warning at 25% I gave it full throttle and ascended up 50m to see what would happen. The volts started to sag but it did not auto land. The battery definitely is performing better after completely discharging it but I still don't trust it that is why I only fly to the 10.8 volt sweet spot. Hope this was helpful.

Got 3 batteries 8 months ago, 2 are now "puffy" and I'm afraid to fly them. Both of these have less than 30 charges, one has only 20. Does anyone fly with a battery that has the gray envelope puffed up so that if feel kind of like pressing in on an inflated balloon?
3batteries.jpg

My batteries have been fine up until now. Now both of my batteries are all of a sudden faulty. Each only has 12-15 cycles. Every time I try to ascend, the battery meter on the iosd blinks and shows empty then auto lands, even when the battery is supposedly fully charged. What's worse is that the descent rate for the auto land is extremely fast and it slams my Phantom 2 into the ground at a high speed. I try to counter it with throttle up, but it doesn't react in time. I feel so cheated for having bought 2 of the expensive batteries that are now useless to me. They are well over a year old, so I guess I'm stuck with them with no hope of return or replacement. I have tried the discharge method and I'm still getting this behavior.

At a year old without optimal use and storage techniques they are 'expired'.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20