Battery issues, any suggetion ?

AAC

Reaction score
I have two genuine batteries come with PV2+ less than a month. When I connected PV2+ to Phantom 2 Vision Assistant software this afternoon, one message box pop-up and warned me that the battery was not genuine. Now I remember the problem happened in yesterday's practice flight. The drone was able to fly in auto GPS waypoints mode yesterday but failed to start up when I pressed down two sticks to the bottom or different corners. The second battery is normal, it's able to start up the drone in manual mode.
What wrong with my battery ? Any tips to reset it ?

Geert said:
Hi,

There is a topic on the Phantom 2 (non Vision) forum about these batteries.
I think you can find answers there.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17324

Geert./.

Thanks for the info.
I tested it again this morning. I was able to start up motor under Naza mode, BUT it only stays in hover low speed on ground. It never took off or increase it's power even I pushed the left stick (throttle) to the upper position. I tried different sticks to different corners but no luck, it's just sat still.
But when I switched to GPS waypoints mode, it took off, completed all waypoints and landed perfectly. What's wrong with my setting ? It's so frustrated.

Sounds like TX controller calibration or mode setting.
Use the RC assistant to recalibrate the sticks and check that you are in mode 2.

Also, the genuine battery warning comes from a bad connection on the battery data pins. Make sure the two small contact pads under the battery connector are clean and making a good connection.

Oh, I calibrated several times in mode 1 only, what's mode 2 for ? Should I use mode 2 for Naza mode ?

AAC said:
Oh, I calibrated several times in mode 1 only, what's mode 2 for ? Should I use mode 2 for Naza mode ?
Mode 1 reverses the control sticks from mode 2.
In mode 1, the throttle is on the right stick. In mode 2 the throttle is on the left. Which to use depends on what you are used to.
But if you are in mode 1 and push up on the left stick, your Phantom won't lift off, it may just tip over from trying to fly forward while still on the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj