Battery issues after crash

Reaction score
I have had my Phantom less than a week and have successfully crashed it hard enough to do actual damage in some way. After losing control by flying into some heavy RF interference, I hit a tree and crashed to the parking lot. I found the unit with the camera off, the battery out and smashed, and some cosmetic damage.

After getting the camera re-attached (mostly just remounting and plugging in some wires), I inserted a fresh battery and everything powered on successfully. The Vision app connected and I saw visual from the camera. However, a message popped up saying "MC Invalid Battery". I tried with a third battery, cleaning the interior pins, reseating firmly and softly and in between, and even calibration. Nothing worked.

I connected the Phantom to my computer and fired up the DJI assistant software. The software sees the unit and gets data from it and everything else is fine apart from a flashing red/yellow warning triangle in the bottom right hand corner with a message about "Not DJI Intelligent Battery". I tried reinstalling current firmware

I have Googled frantically as a sick feeling settled over me in finding no clear answers apart from sending it back to DJI for repair. I'm quite technically capable of repairs myself (as I am sure crash-related problems are not covered under warranty) but I was hoping someone might have some insight to get me started.

Attachments

• phantom1.png
    phantom1.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 513
  • phantom2.png
    phantom2.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 475
Yeah based on what you were describing I was going to suggest something wrong between the battery and main board. Glad you figured it out!

I've crashed a couple of times in similar ways and have been "lucky" I toasted my gimbal on the last one... But the phantom has only gotten a minor crack in outer shell...

Dude... I'm surprised you took pics before you cried... You must have a heart of stone!

Is the gimbal wrecked?

LOL, I was in shock, I think. Surprisingly (and thankfully) the gimbal and camera came through just fine. Only one of the rubber stabilizers made it through alive, the rest were either lost or ripped. The plastic retaining pins were either broken or lost, but the camera cables were just yanked from the sockets. (Side note, where can I buy more of those plastic retaining pegs? I am using some small zip ties, at the moment, and spare rubber stabilizers.)

I got mine (the plastic retaining clips) on amazon... Pretty cheap

Buckaye said:
I got mine (the plastic retaining clips) on amazon... Pretty cheap

If it isn't too much trouble, care to post a link to where you got them? I placed an Amazon order today for several and various bits, but couldn't find those pegs.

Also, it appears my GPS may have been damaged in the crash. I am getting no sats at all and the GroundStation screen shows it stuck in ATTI regardless of what I do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20