Battery issue

Reaction score
So I have a battery that appears to be dead. It only has 10 charge cycles on it, I used it last week, recharged it to 80% and put it away, discharge cycle is set to 3 days, I recently installed healthy drones and was going over the data, that particular battery had a major deviant in cell 4 in a previous flight but flights after that one we're all good. App says this can be normal due to flight conditions,ie wind,flying style etc. Haven't flown in a while so I decided I would reset the discharge time to 10 days to limit the charge/discharge cycles and prevent them from going dormant. Before I started the procedure on the batteries I checked them all and all still had 2-3 green lights showing. Did the first battery, reset fine, second battery would not power on in the drone,took it out of the drone,tried to turn it on and nothing. hooked it up to the charger, all lights cycling like it was charging, all good, reset third battery with no problems, go back to check battery on charger 45 min later, no lights flashing,must be done, Push power button to see how much charge it took, nothing. Try to turn battery on, nothing, no lights period. Do these batteries go into a "dormant" storage mode? Or is it dead ? If so how do I bring it out of this dormant stage, or thro it away and get another one lol. Oh and I left it on the charger all nite and still nothing this morning. Any thoughts appreciated. Tks

Is your battery still under warranty? If so, you should contact DJI support and return it.

Plus I already took it apart

Lol, this gave me a good chuckle because that's exactly what I would do... take apart first, ask questions later!

Reactions: WBN3
Lol, this gave me a good chuckle because that's exactly what I would do... take apart first, ask questions later!

Lol. I did post the query here and on the Dji forum but didn't get any feed back and impatience got the better of me. But l now know you CAN take a p4 battery apart without significant damage, not easy but you can

Lol. I did post the query here and on the Dji forum but didn't get any feed back and impatience got the better of me. But l now know you CAN take a p4 battery apart without significant damage, not easy but you can

Well did you learn anything by doing that? Please share...

Well did you learn anything by doing that? Please share...

9613d6c63a32f859b009f871023abc32.jpg
a1a4dd2170dc5ff872fde37236b9c63a.jpg
b4609f46eafb278e40ef13ac6f90f64f.jpg

The case has 2 push tabs at the plug in end and 2 on LED end. The face cover with the power button has 2 push tabs on top,bottom and both sides. There are also 4 line up tabs to align the battery case to the face plate. Hardest part was getting the face plate off, I released the push tabs by inserting pieces of zip ties under the tabs, but still had difficulty removing the face plate, finally got it off, I believe that the line up pins were glued in hence the difficulty getting the face plate off. The two halves of the case I believe are glued as well as it took a bit to get it apart even though I had the push tabs released. Next getting the battery out of the bottom half of the case, you need to gently pry back the plug in bracket to get the plug,circuit board and battery out. The case will all snap back together and I will probly. Super glue the tabs if I can get the battery to take a charge. As of yet I've had no luck. Unplugging the board from the battery hasn't solved the issue yet

Can you see any manufacturer markings on the cells? At least now you should be able to probe the cell taps and measure the IR of each cell. It's your best clue as to whether it's worth fiddling with.

Can you see any manufacturer markings on the cells? At least now you should be able to probe the cell taps and measure the IR of each cell. It's your best clue as to whether it's worth fiddling with.

7caaebaee5aec77607795c407909d5a2.jpg
17059353124943c902b5685415675cae.jpg

I had read a post where a guy had an inspire battery that was "bricked" and took it apart and unplugged the circuit board and it reset itself so I figured I would try it on this one. Beyond that I'm by no means an electronics wizard lol. In previous attempts when I unplugged the ribbon connector and plugged back in the lights would come on but not now. The last time I unplugged & re plugged it gave the over current code.

I measured the voltage of the battery both with the circuit board plugged in and unplugged, 17.15 volts both ways. So maybe something wrong with the board ? I wonder tho if there was some way to manually discharge it if then it would reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4