Battery issue..I think

I think this is normal behavior.

I like seeing that the battery is showing a steady decline while in flight..but why would it give me RTH and red battery icon at 45% and 34% for only one percenatge of battery then go back to green? Shouldnt it only be doing this at the chosen warning settings for low and critical battery? Worries me that this is considered normal when it never did it before and its on both batteries. Is there a chance it was trying to do the auto depeletion from not being used? I havent gone more than a week without flying but the screenshot I sent showed that only on the 4th..5th? charge it was not showing green and regular like readings before and after. All confusing to me..I just know it never did this before. Thank you again for your time

Sent from my SM-T800 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The key here is understanding that Battery.goHomeBattery changes throughout the flight depending on the distance from the home point (and maybe some other parameters like wind). Battery.goHomeBattery isn't something the pilot can set, it's computed by the P3. A battery at 45% isn't going to trigger a warning if the P3 is over the home point. But move the P3 away from the home point and a warning will be triggered. This is because it will take more than the 45% available.

The key here is understanding that Battery.goHomeBattery changes throughout the flight depending on the distance from the home point (and maybe some other parameters like wind). Battery.goHomeBattery isn't something the pilot can set, it's computed by the P3. A battery at 45% isn't going to trigger a warning if the P3 is over the home point. But move the P3 away from the home point and a warning will be triggered. This is because it will take more than the 45% available.

I understand now what youre saying but when the aircraft is 100 ft away it shouldnt trigger red battery warnings with rth at 45 or 34% correct? It would take maybe 10 seconds to manually fly it back to myself so the warning doesnt seem fit. It does it each flight now at the same two values no matter the distance from home. just called dji..said they will email me back tomorrow after looking at all the data...last time they did this they literally told me they didnt know why I was having the issues I was..so not looking good

I made some planned changes to CsvView to make the visualization of this problem a little easier.
upload_2016-8-10_15-46-55.png

The blue line is the battery percentage value you're seeing on the Go App. The burgundy line is the distance to the home point. The red is the threshold battery percentage that triggers a request to go home (shown with the light red background). When the distance home point increases the threshold increases. But, it's a jump increase not a smooth increase like you would expect. I looked at some other flights and I didn't see this jump increase behavior.
upload_2016-8-10_16-4-25.png

Do you have the .txt from a previous flight where this didn't happen? I really should know better but I'm thinking this might be a "feature" of the firmware. If you upgraded to a newer firmware a flight before the upgrade would be the one to get

@BudWalker how do you NOT work for dji??? I never expected such help from a stranger...so thank you. I will get the logs from a week a few weeks ago uploaded tomorrow. I dont believe Ive done any sort of software updates since this all happened. Dji actually looked at our post on here yesterday to recover my flight logsl and .dat file. Guy was blown away how much you understood all of this. He also promised to email me back by today. Guess who isnt surprised they didnt get an email. My other P3A will be back this friday from dji. Im curious if I will have the same battery warning issues with that one. Thank you again for you time and amazing programs you make to help us all. Ill get info uploaded tomorrow evening. Sorry i missed this alert...for some reason my phantom pilots alerts have stopped working

@BudWalker how do you NOT work for dji??? I never expected such help from a stranger...so thank you. I will get the logs from a week a few weeks ago uploaded tomorrow. I dont believe Ive done any sort of software updates since this all happened. Dji actually looked at our post on here yesterday to recover my flight logsl and .dat file. Guy was blown away how much you understood all of this. He also promised to email me back by today. Guess who isnt surprised they didnt get an email. My other P3A will be back this friday from dji. Im curious if I will have the same battery warning issues with that one. Thank you again for you time and amazing programs you make to help us all. Ill get info uploaded tomorrow evening. Sorry i missed this alert...for some reason my phantom pilots alerts have stopped working
Did you manage to find us another .txt from before this problem stated occurring? Should be interesting.

@BudWalker sorry I havent had time with work having me travel unexpectedly. Surprisingly dji called me back this evening after I wrote a hellish email about never returning back to me like they stated they would. This guy said I should just uninstall and reinstall dji go app. I replied that its happening on both tablet and phone so he says Ill just have to ship it to them after i try the batteries in the P3A i just got back from dji service today. They arent helpful. Ill get the info loaded by sunday. Sorry for the delay.

@msinger @BudWalker Been a while fellas but I finally got the bird sent off to dji for repair. Fingers crossed I prayed I wouldn't have to argue warranty information or anything else. I sent JUST the aircraft. No camera/gimble..props etc.. they sent it back fully repaired...with a new camera attached. Couldn't believe the oversight but I'll take it. I think they had it too long and forgot what was going on and just sent me a brand new one lol. Anyway..thank you guys both a ton for your help. I kept referring them to this thread so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself with the issue. They kept asking about the program we were using. They cared more about it than anything haha. Very impressed with it @BudWalker and couldn't believe the amount of troubleshooting and ready done with dji assistance. Finally getting around to the 107 exam tomorrow so time to cram. Have a good one and thanks again

Sent from my SM-T817T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers