Battery issue..I think

Reaction score
After maybe 10 days of not flying I fired up the p3a and for whatever reason at 76% and around 40% battery it gives me the low battery auto land warning. Anyone have an idea? Both of my batteries and doing it on ipad and galaxy note5. Also when charging the green bar lights seem to flash faster than before. Any help much appreciated. Right now I am flying off the reported battery life when flying and ignoring the warnings. Getting same battery flight times. Software all showing up to date as well. Each battery has less than 20 cycles. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

523401dd9e7e283467bb5cc85229cba8.jpg

Sorry I've been so busy recently. Ill upload flight logs soon. Heres an example of what it has lookee like. The 2 white dots/markers show low and critical battery warnings...correct? The "H" home location icon on the battery line moves as I fly. And to edit myself...the battery warning is not at 70%. It comes around 45%. Then at regular low and critical warning times.

845636282d7be7d5eec725c1a4e84340.jpg

2c72510d066ec9a207f9c0a83252ce9e.jpg

Few days ago the battery warning came on at 45% red with rth warning but then a few battery percentages later it was green again and home icon was in between low and critical battery warnings where I used to normally see it before. What have I done???

Perhaps the DAT flight log contains additional details. Can you attach it here? If needed, you can find instructions for retrieving the DAT flight log here.

@BudWalker, are you able to convert this DAT file in DatCon? I tried, but it doesn't seem to be generating the CSV properly.

@BudWalker, are you able to convert this DAT file in DatCon? I tried, but it doesn't seem to be generating the CSV properly.
Looks OK to me. The battery was switched off at 13.267. From the eventLog
13.267 : 7960 : 453 Battery power off
13.465 : 8079 : 463 [LED] changed: temperature not ready when startup
13.525 : 8115 : 466 [Ctrl<1>] REQ_RC_NORMAL ATTI_HOLD ctrl_gps_atti

At time 4.24 the magnetometers start reporting values.

Are we looking at the same .csv?

From the discussion above it would seem this isn't the correct .DAT? Sorry, I didn't see this thread.

If this helps...Im getting the same experience on both of my batteries. When I use my note 5 to fly it displays "aircraft warming up" for up to 30 seconds the safe to fly appears and i take off. When using ipad to fly it does what my note 5 used to do and pretty much goes straight to safe to fly.

Looks OK to me. The battery was switched off at 13.267. From the eventLog
13.267 : 7960 : 453 Battery power off
13.465 : 8079 : 463 [LED] changed: temperature not ready when startup
13.525 : 8115 : 466 [Ctrl<1>] REQ_RC_NORMAL ATTI_HOLD ctrl_gps_atti

At time 4.24 the magnetometers start reporting values.

Are we looking at the same .csv?

From the discussion above it would seem this isn't the correct .DAT? Sorry, I didn't see this thread.
c544a0160302a359144550a04d718b17.jpg
I did see this last night. Why did it report a battery depletion state? I have not gone an extended amount of time without flying

The .dat file i uploaded is for august 2nd. Same as the last few screenshots of flight where battery issues reported at 44% and 34%. The very first screenshot is of a previous time last week when it had happened. All other reported data given should be from aug 2nd. If i am incorrect I will gladly send whats needed to help figure this out. Thank you for your help

The .dat file i uploaded is for august 2nd. Same as the last few screenshots of flight where battery issues reported at 44% and 34%. The very first screenshot is of a previous time last week when it had happened. All other reported data given should be from aug 2nd. If i am incorrect I will gladly send whats needed to help figure this out. Thank you for your help
Getting the right .DAT can be a challenge sometimes. The .DAT you provided didn't have a flight. Looks to me like the battery was turned on for about 15 secs and then turned off. Look here under "Picking the right.DAT" for help on that. The right .DAT will be too large to upload here so you'll need to provide a Dropbox link (or equivalent).

@BudWalker @msinger Opps you are correct...there were 2 .dat files from that day and the other one is a little over 200mb. I just recovered the file and ready to send... will google drive work to upload? can/should I send to an email?

Getting the right .DAT can be a challenge sometimes. The .DAT you provided didn't have a flight. Looks to me like the battery was turned on for about 15 secs and then turned off. Look here under "Picking the right.DAT" for help on that. The right .DAT will be too large to upload here so you'll need to provide a Dropbox link (or equivalent).

Dropbox - FLY055.DAT

I can see what's happening, but I don't know why it's happening. There is a lot I don't know about battery management. Maybe someone can help. There is a value called goHomeBattery that is used to trigger a goHome. If the battery becomes less than goHomeBattery then goHome is triggered.
upload_2016-8-8_6-39-38.png

The battery value is on a slow steady decline as you would expect. But the goHomeBattery jumps from 15 to 45. When this happens the Battery.status changes to ReqGoHome. It happened twice in the above. The first time the P3 was here
upload_2016-8-8_6-36-53.png

BTW, this all came from the .txt. DatCon doesn't know about these fields.

@BudWalker thank you for your time looking into all of this. Confusing as it is I appreciate your insight. Ill see if I can get dji to narrow it down. Havent had much luck with them but its worth another try

@BudWalker thank you for your time looking into all of this. Confusing as it is I appreciate your insight. Ill see if I can get dji to narrow it down. Havent had much luck with them but its worth another try
I think this is normal behavior. Battery.goHomeBattery is a threshold. If percentageVolts is less than Battery.goHomeBattery then the battery requests a GoHome. The value of Battery.goHomeBattery changes throughout the flight depending on the distance from the home point (and maybe some other parameters like wind).
upload_2016-8-9_7-34-33.png

In the later part of the flight percentageVolts had decreased enough so that the threshold was triggered.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl