Battery issue... help?

Reaction score
I have a p2 with h3-2d, go pro 3, fatshark fpv and miniOSD.

I purchased an extra battery a few months ago. Just recently after charging up both my batteries I went out for a flight.

I had my spare battery in. I went through my startup/pre flight check routine. Everything seemed fine. Acquired 9 satellites, and home lock was set. Took off and looked for toilet bowl, and drift. All was ok. Proceeded to fly with my fat sharks, the battery initially reported 93%. About a min later, the battery dropped to 11% and entered its second warning mode (tries to land itself if throttle is below 90%). I brought the copter back and let it sit. with the motors off. Stayed at 11% as reported by the OSD.

I turned off the battery, waited 30 seconds, then restarted it. Battery reported about 72%. I started it up again after acquiring home point. Took it up into the sky, and after about 20 seconds, same deal. It went to 11% and wanted to land.

Any ideas?
I only have 19 discharges on the battery. When plugged into the assistant software, it reports 11% remaining charge, but the "current capacity" is accurate. I can see the "current capacity" levels drop as it sits there slowly draining power, but it tells me 11% remaining charge.

Attachments

• battery1.jpg
    battery1.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 263
There were quite a number of posts similar to this when the vioxn was released. On power up the system would report a healthy battery but shortly after take of the battery status reported a near depleted battery, and in some cases a non standard battery.
Maybe worth searching some of the early Phantom posts as I can't remember if this was addressed by a firmware upgrade.

Regards

Nidge

I think there have been a few "full batteries reporting empty and triggering auto-land" reports on the P2 recently. Seems like in these cases it's a bum battery. I'd suggest getting in touch with the dealer that sold you the battery and getting a replacement (and if that doesn't get you anywhere, get in touch with DJI's customer support).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl