Battery issue brand new out of box

Reaction score
Battery arrived today (brand new) I hit the button to see if there was any charge. Dead dead dead. Put on the charger and the green light never came on. Am I missing something or just get a bad battery

Battery arrived today (brand new) I hit the button to see if there was any charge. Dead dead dead. Put on the charger and the green light never came on. Am I missing something or just get a bad battery
Yep, sounds like a dud so I'd return it for a replacement. AMOI, is it a DJI or aftermarket unit?

Welcome in this forum!

Looks like dead battery, known issue where battery is fully depleted after too long storage. Battery cells certainly suffered from too low voltage so that battery shouldn't be used and it's design preventing charging.

Return for exchange!

Tip: these batteries have auto-discharge feature after n days. They go to approx 50% charge for best storage. Then very slowing loosing power month after month. This is where it's good to further check and charge a bit the battery again to increase back around 50-60%.

Last edited:
Eric,

Yes, you most probably got one of the "DOA" P4 batteries that were out there for quite some time. Many of us had the same problem.

2 of my 5 batteries arrived like that. The two dead ones were replaced and all five are performing just fine now.

AD

I had a doa battery problem from bestbuy. Returned it for exchangd and checked the new one in the parking lot before i left.

Hello pilots,

I have an issue with all of my phantom 4 batteries. When I try to charge them, the battery led blinks for 10 seconds as for charging and then stay ON as the battery is powered on. I tried to charge the RC too but leds blinks 10 seconds and then nothing.
I don't know if it s a charger problem or all batteries are out of service. For the first I have 11 cycle of charging and for the second I have 22 cycles of charging.
An someone help me because I m in Madagascar and to send the batteries back to DJI is very complicated.
Thank you.

Tsitohaina RAKOTO.

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback, after reading this wiki, I tried the last lines to check if the battery will charge again and to confirm that it is an room temperature problem. But no more change, I tried with two batteries and the RC but they don't want charging.

It's very unusual that the RC doesn't charge either. Makes me wonder if the charger does output something. You could contact some electrician and ask him to check voltage output on the pin connector going to RC (with voltmeter, easy task).

Here is mine;

8c7d06d2a3babc864400faa023e56ccc.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.