Battery indicator at 60% on the vision app. Pants filled instantly.

Reaction score
Hi
I live in the UK and managed to catch 2 batteries with my P2V+V3 while the wind wasnt blowing. Totally still outside.

I was going up to max altitude. I was about 3/4 there and decided to max throttle, battery at 60%. All of a sudden the vision battery indicator icon started to flash red for about 2 or 3 seconds. During this time I filled my pants and released the throttle. The battery indicator went back to normal and read 60%. I brought "Icarus" down to 6 feet and watched it for a while before continuing to run Icarus around to 30%. At which point I switched batteries and went up to 500ft without a hicup.

It's a new battery with 4 charges through it.

Was full throttling putting too much of a load on the battery and causing a current drop or something? Could this be why some Phantoms drop out of the sky ... circuitry thinking the battery is low due to the load?

Oh hold on ... just looking at the small group of icons in the top right corner ... if any of those "error" does it cause all of them to flash red? or just the one that errors?

Phil

Really, you crapped in your pants? I think I would have left that out of the post personally.

LMAO you have a brown trouser moment :eek:
Yes going full throttle can have that affect .

LMAO you have a brown trouser moment :eek:
Yes going full throttle can have that affect .
Seriously? Can Full throttling on a virtually full battery cause an intermittent low battery warning until you ease off?

Seriously, not literally brown trouser moment but I'm sure you can imagine how I felt getting a low battery warning at 500ft. I thought an imminent shutdown was about to happen and Icarus would be in freefall!

Thanks
Phil

Both my P1 & P2 will jump low battery (red flashes) if I am heavy on the sticks at around 50% .

Both my P1 & P2 will jump low battery (red flashes) if I am heavy on the sticks at around 50% .
Thanks for the info. I'll try to keep my left hand less excitable!

Phil

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20