Battery Help please for storage

Reaction score
Hey guys

Ok I have charged both my batteries for my P3P as I wanted to do the updates to firmwares, the weather here is **** to say the least, and I go on holiday on Saturday morning

Is it ok to leave the batteries as they are for two weeks, or will I need to do something to them?

They have not as yet been used brand new, I dont want them damaged so hopefully someone can let me know what to do please :)

Chris

So just run them in the P3P with no blades on and run them down?

Indoor dry flight as it were lol

It's okay to leave them as-is. They are programmed to auto discharge to a safe storage level after 10 days. That discharge process takes about 2 days.

In the DJI GO app, you'll find a setting in the battery section to decrease that 10 day period. I like to set mine to 2 days so the batteries are not fully charged for long periods of time. If you'd like to do that, you'll need to set that setting while your Phantom is connected to the DJI GO app -- and, you'll need to do it for each battery.

Reactions: Pepperami
ok I will do that its easier, cheers guys :)

So the app sends that setting to the battery? so it will discharge even if its out of the machine?

The DJI GO app allows you to configure that setting. The batteries contain software that use that setting to auto discharge themselves. They do not need to be connected to your Phantom in order to auto discharge.

Yep. It works very well. Just don't push the button on the battery to check the charge level. That resets the 10-day wait period.

Don't forget to reset the time to start to discharge on all of your batt. You have to put them into the copter and change each one to the times. I set mine to 3 days.
Don't forget the break-in suggestions of short flights for the first 10 flights. They call it 10 for 10. I had 3 batteries so I did 30 flights to the 65% batt level before going on long flights. It makes them last longer.

Enjoy your holiday!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31