Battery heater for the Mavic?

GMG

Reaction score
Has anyone out there seen a battery heater that's compatible with the Mavic battery? The shipping date for the first batches coincides with cold weather for much of the Northern Hemisphere. I've seen a number of DIY options out there (e.g. small heater pads that plug into car cigarette lighters, set in 6-pack cooler boxes), but was wondering if there's any other options out there.

Hobbyking have a temperature-regulated battery heating bag.

Hmmm. Just tried to find it on their site, but the search functionality is a disaster. Lots of keywords but no luck. Funnily enough, I was using a Hubsan and had seen hobbyking battery chargers designed for the H107c+ but even using "husban" and "H107c+" comes up with no hits. Got to think they're losing serious money from not fixing such an essential part of their site. If you've got a part number or, even better, a link, I'd be grateful!

A good idea, Mick, but I tend to have the few inside pockets full. Maybe I need to get a vest...

I'll be taking my Mavic to Alaska next March, I'm thinking HotHands. Cheap single use items, but they last about 8 hours.

Is the battery the only thing you have to worry about? Does the gimbal function well below freezing temperatures? Do you guys plan on flying when it's that cold?

I used this for my kids milk bottles. I was always amazed when the chemical reaction started. That thing is tough too, not much of a chance for leakage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20