Battery Hard to Pull Out

Reaction score
Hey all, just getting going with the PV2 (love it so far), but having a tough time getting the battery out every time. Have tried 2 batteries, and both have same issue. Basically, there is little to no resistance until it still has about 1/2 inch left to push in. Then, its tight, but can push it in. The problem is getting it out, pushing on the release clips and pulling back is Very tough...almost dropped it 3x now. Anyone else had this issue and if so any way to resolve? Cant quite figure out the contact point that is causing it (if did maybe file it down)? Thanks for any help!

Still needs some breaking in. Mines does that still since it's only a few days old. Give it some time, she'll open up.

Hahaha. I actually don't mind it being pretty "tight". At least I'll know that she won't break lose mid-flight if that could even happen. :?

Thanks man, so about 15 flights in...was urs the same? I actually need a screwdriver to pry it out. Doesnt seem right to me...

dipilato said:
Thanks man, so about 15 flights in...was urs the same? I actually need a screwdriver to pry it out. Doesnt seem right to me...

Think some are just slightly out I have 3 batteries ... intial 2x I had are fine, ... then finally got my free one and find is quite hard to get in and out .... just remember go easy or you may end up breaking the catch edge on the body which would be an issue to repair or replace.

I have the same problem. Have to brace the body against my knee with one hand while pulling hard on battery with the other. And watching out that I do not hit anything when it does come out. I have had mine for about 2 months now and it has not gotten any easier. I have 4 batteries and they are all the same.

Some of DJI batteries "plastic cages" come with minor deformaties - look for spot(s) of friction on plastic and you can lightly sand it. Have had to do it on a number of batteries. The key word - sand LIGHTLY.

I got my aftermarket battery (Ttongr) before my p2 and when I got the drone, I tested that battery right away to make sure it works which it did but I had to really pull it out. It was totally stuck there. No problem with my 2 originals though. The clamps are not the greatest ones on it.

Same problem here. Have to wrestle with the phantom every time I want to change the battery. It's defeating the object of the new simple push and click battery system.

It must be something in the actual phantom as both my batteries are exactly the same. However I can't see anything obvious. Perhaps it's the actual main female battery terminals in the Phantom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem I discovered is DJI used a piece of sticky back foam to hold the servo wire in place and this can become balled up and cause the sticking.
IMG_0945.JPG

Mine is hard to get in and out. Out mostly. Can not see any sticky stuff. Looking at the battery when inserting, the top rubs the opening of the quad. I put it between my legs with two arms on the back of my legs and pull! I must say, I would rather have it hard to get in and out than have to tape it in to keep it in place.

The 2 catches should be sufficient in keeping it securely in. This extra resistance is not needed and I'm sure a manufacturing fault with it somewhere.

GetaGrip.. Are you talking about the foam at the back on the bottom of the tray?
I can't we any foam like this :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meluk, I agree I think its a defect. Both my batteries are DJI, both have same issue. GetaGrip do see the foam but mine is not balled up and seems to me the contact is somewhere near the opening. Glad its not just me, and reason i asked was because i could not determine where the contact is happening (hence where to lightly sand). If i figure it out will def post some pics. Thanks all!

As long as you have a nice positive click to indicate your battery is locking into place securely you could try a couple of small blobs of pure thick silicone. I have done this on mine and the difference is dramatic - smooth as silk now :). Make sure you do not use any silicone sprays as many of them contain petroleum distillates which may damage the plastic.

Edit: you can get the silicone in any good model shop - model car racers use it. Extremely useful stuff !

Mine slot in easily, but are a pita to get out -- it's not the battery case though, it's the contacts; plus it's hard to get a decent grip on it. Once it's out far enough for the the contacts to disengage it comes out easily. On balance though I decided I like the contacts having a good grab! Implies a nice low resistance...

Solution for tight batteries. With the body top off, I looked into the back area where the battery makes contact with small horizontal guides. This is where the battery tightens up. Sand, with 220 grit, the 2 thin grooves on lower back sides of battery. Also, check for "witness" marks, (scrapes, grooves), on battery to aid in pinpointing additional binding. Sand, test, sand, test, you know the drill. My batt slides in and out super sweet. Note: see small, horizontal rail on each side of battery compartment, in the very back, (ref. GetaGrip photo). This does the trick for normal, unswollen batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20