battery gold-plated leads, how reliable are they?

Reaction score
hello, did you ever hear about a Phantom 2 (vision and non vision) crashed due to a loose - unreliable contact at the battery socket level? I was wondering if after hundreds, thousands of "slide in / slide out" of the battery this contact can still be as firm and secure as in the beginning, just consider that if power fails, even for some milliseconds, the CPU may enter the "power-up reset" state, or even hang, end if this happens when it's in the air, it would come down like a stone.... I think of this every time I fly, Am I worried for no reason?

thanks

I would say unless you've had a really bad crash and the battery was physically ejected, you're gold plated leads should be perfectly reliable. Only in crashes have I heard of people having to replace them, unless you have an extreme factory defect (which you should have reported within 30 days of your purchase to get a swap). If you're worried about yours and it's past your warranty,
Dronefly.com sells the leads and would probably do the install too.

well, I had a crash once and the battery was ejected but leads seem to be OK at a visual inspection, and I never experienced any symptom of a bad or unstable contact, yet the idea of bad contacts that can cause a crash in any moment lingers in my mind, so i was just trying to understand if someone had really experienced and reported such a case or if it's only in my anxious mind :) tha fact is that sometimes there are people around when I fly... I do fear for them...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik