battery flight time

Grrr the guy who can fix it at the hobby shop is sick... now goto wait another day...
not happy $1700 spent...

Yes yes I'm impatient.. but still... $1700... I should of just made them give me a new one like the said they would if any issues.... :p
I shall give another few days... if it is the motor or ESC which they suggested ( I doubt) it would best I find out early instead of it just dropping from sky.. but yeah don't think its related to that.. but we'll see..

Only thing I see as common to all is the charger. Do you have access to another charger?

WW

Nah I don't. At hobby shop atm anyways...
Originally I was charging directly into wall socket... then started charging plugged into surge protector.. so thought maybe that was it..
Infact.. after I plugged back into wall socket directly the battery started at 18 mins.. so I was like yay fixed... then 3 seconds later it went back to 14 mins!

I've timed it with a stop watch.. One battery is 12 mins.. the other is 14 mins... Doesn't seem like a Phantom issue is my gut feeling (not based on anything technical lol)
but just due to the fact one battery was 12 mins, and the other was ~20, but then a few days later it changed to 14 max... but yeah.. when I first got them (2-3 weeks ago) they were both 20 mins. I know its only 6-8min less... but still.... its almost 40% less flight time... and for $1700 I want my 40% back :p

Only "mods" is the GPS fix using alum tpe and that adds a few grams at most I'm sure.. so doubt its that.

Hmm just one think I noticed... and I don't no much about elec stuff, so maybe its nothing...

if the batteries are 5200mah and I was getting current capacity: 4685mah at like 90% fully charged.... does that not sound low ??

Last thing before I give up on the subject and wait to hear back from Hobby shop.

How much extra power would increasing the camera TX use ?
I have been using those apps to increase camera TX, Pretty sure its not related As I have been using both the apps (the one with the data logger, and the other one without) and issue hasn't popped up until a week or so after.

Will go through that thread and add my experience.
Shop told me to come pick it up.
They bascally did nothing....just charged it up.. and said looks like it will be fine... well I mean they confirmed motors, esc etc etc app fine.
But yeah they just gave me a new charger just to do *something*.
They rekon they did a flight and battety is now 15+ plus, this was before they used new charger lol.
Not overly impressed, they didn't really do anything however they said its working fine... so I'll do a few more flights and see... and who knows maybe magically fixed its sekd,

I askd for a brand new battetty to test and they didnt want to give one.... even tho there big selling point when I asked "why would I want to pay $500 more than onlne price" was that "any problems we just swap the hole thing out"

Anyways will fly in a bit and see...I know a few mintes isnt much.... but when I pay $1800... I don't expect to lose 40% battery after 2-3 weeks.

Positive thoughts... positive thoughts... just happy to hve it back heh... nice flying wether.

Oh yeah emailed DJI few days ago... no reply at all from them :/

hmmm battery is a little better... not sure how or why... bu eeh..got few extr mines so I'm happy again :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers