Battery flight time question

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been watching this forum for a few weeks now and this is my first post. I have to say I enjoy how helpful everyone is and I hoping that I can get a helpful response to this question. I have a new Phantom 2. I am currently getting on average about 11-12 minutes of flight time before the green LED lights start flashing red. At this time I bring it down and switch to a new battery. My set up is as follows. Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal GoPro Hero3 sliver edition, DJI FPV system with a drone mods GPS locator attached to the phantom. Am I getting less flight time do to the fact of the extra items on the Phantom? I was thinking I should be getting closer to the 20 minute mark or better?
Thanks,
Dave

My original Phantom with no gimbal I easily got over 20 mins on a battery. When I put a H3-2D and 200mW transmitter on I was still getting closer to 20 than 15.

Now I have a newer Phantom with a H3-3D and 500mW transmitter and my flight time is more like 15-16 minutes. The last few days I've flown was really windy and I could easily tell the Phantom was fighting wind hard in GPS mode, I think I was getting about 13-14 mins before the battery warning, and I've decreased my warning level from 30 to 25%. My point here is if it were to warn me at 30 I'd be very close to your flight time, and people say the DJI AVL58 is a power hog compared to other transmitters

so I'm thinking the fact that you have a AVL58, if you weren't in very good conditions I'm very close to your performance. It also depends how you fly, if you're zooming around making lots of movements, doing power climbs, etc. it'll kill the battery faster.

tis why I have 3 batteries :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31