Battery Flashes Between 0V & 12V

Reaction score
I have Phantom 2 with a Zenmuse gimbal, Gopro 3 Black, external Immersion RC Xmtr, iOSD Mini, and a Black Pearl Diversity Receiver/Monitor. Everything was working perfectly until one of my batteries stopped communicating with the drone and the software. The battery shows a full charge, but the voltage readout on my monitor flashes between 0 & 12Volts. I've cleaned contacts on both the battery and the intelligent contacts in the drone. I've also scraped the small pads on the battery to remove any film that might be causing an issue. It started out intermittent so I was able at one point to read the battery with the software and there was over 90% of life left in the battery. Now both batteries are doing the same thing. After much frustration I was able to get one battery to read 12V on my monitor, by turning it off and on a few times. I then flew it and got the shots I needed. In fact the battery had been charging, but wasn't full, I pulled it off the charger and turned it on and off quite a few times until it read on my monitor. The battery was at 60% and I flew to about 20%. Any ideas, I don't want to buy new batteries, I'm planning on getting a P4

I have Phantom 2 with a Zenmuse gimbal, Gopro 3 Black, external Immersion RC Xmtr, iOSD Mini, and a Black Pearl Diversity Receiver/Monitor. Everything was working perfectly until one of my batteries stopped communicating with the drone and the software. The battery shows a full charge, but the voltage readout on my monitor flashes between 0 & 12Volts. I've cleaned contacts on both the battery and the intelligent contacts in the drone. I've also scraped the small pads on the battery to remove any film that might be causing an issue. It started out intermittent so I was able at one point to read the battery with the software and there was over 90% of life left in the battery. Now both batteries are doing the same thing. After much frustration I was able to get one battery to read 12V on my monitor, by turning it off and on a few times. I then flew it and got the shots I needed. In fact the battery had been charging, but wasn't full, I pulled it off the charger and turned it on and off quite a few times until it read on my monitor. The battery was at 60% and I flew to about 20%. Any ideas, I don't want to buy new batteries, I'm planning on getting a P4

Make sure both info pins (which are spring loaded) are working properly. Might just need a new battery terminal or a loose ifo connection inside the P2. Forget the monitor an connect the P2 to it's software in order to check your batteries. Do those batteries turn on outside the P2??

Make sure both info pins (which are spring loaded) are working properly. Might just need a new battery terminal or a loose ifo connection inside the P2. Forget the monitor an connect the P2 to it's software in order to check your batteries. Do those batteries turn on outside the P2??
I have connected the P2 to the software and I was able to get the App to recognize the batteries after much cleaning and scraping of the battery terminals. Both batteries read in the 90% of life left range. By turning the battery on and off roughly 5 times the Phantom recognized the charged battery status and I was able to fly, but this is truly undependable. i've checked all contacts and the spring loaded pins and made sure all connections were secure inside the drone.

I have connected the P2 to the software and I was able to get the App to recognize the batteries after much cleaning and scraping of the battery terminals. Both batteries read in the 90% of life left range. By turning the battery on and off roughly 5 times the Phantom recognized the charged battery status and I was able to fly, but this is truly undependable. i've checked all contacts and the spring loaded pins and made sure all connections were secure inside the drone.

Had you tried turning the batteries when outside the P2 and what happen when you do???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr