Battery fitment. Is this normal

Reaction score
I have had the P3P for well over a year now and all the batteries fitted in nice and tight with no movement at all. When setting up the P4P I noticed didn't sit flush with the body when fully pressed in to the body. Also I can move the battery up and down when in place. Doesn't seem right to me but as I have no experience with the P4 or P4P I thought I would ask you to see if it's normal for the P4 range. See image and video below.

Attachments

• 1484041637458.jpg
    1484041637458.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 505
I have a P4 and mine are the opposite. You need to apply a lot of positive pressure and in my case I hear two clicks to make sure the battery is in place. A bit of criticism on this forum regarding this but nothing like the amount of slop in your case. I'd be nervous about the battery falling out during flight and consider returning either the battery or the drone. Are your other batteries (if any) the same?

Reactions: joeyjan19
My P4 batteries do move up and down a little bit. It looks like your battery is not fully inserted though. Does it snap into place when you slide it in?

Just like msinger mine move a little....but op thats alot of wiggle it looks like it is in right just make sure its all the way in. If u still have problems i would contact dji!

Thanks for the replies. Yes it's fully pressed in with 2 clicks. I don't have any other battery's to test at this time unfortunately. I have just spoken to Dji on there live chat and sent a link to my short video clip and they said right away that battery compartment is faulty and to send it back to the seller for a replacement. It's a bit annoying that the don't quality control there products correctly. Oh well it's time to see how SLR Hut deal with this.

At least you have a result of sorts, wonder how many other 'faulty' battery compartments are out there. Sounds a bit suspicious and without another battery to check, a bit inconclusive.

I have had the P3P for well over a year now and all the batteries fitted in nice and tight with no movement at all. When setting up the P4P I noticed didn't sit flush with the body when fully pressed in to the body. Also I can move the battery up and down when in place. Doesn't seem right to me but as I have no experience with the P4 or P4P I thought I would ask you to see if it's normal for the P4 range. See image and video below.

same with mine.

Did you get it replaced or did you just keep it. I have tried a few batteries now with the P4P battery the same and the P4 battery slightly better.

I've got the same kind of thing going on. It snaps into place properly but there is a bit of play and it kind of makes me nervous. I've got a P4 with 3 batteries and there is little difference between them when they're installed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Have any been in a crash? I've had 3 total disasters here is mondays incident. Anyway I was able to save the batteries from these crashes. They do fit loose and have some play but even extreme sport mode bashing like fpv proximity ripping and tearing around trees ext they still don't pop out. But I do not care for it by any means either. They do feel snug in the replacement p4 I got at Best Buy yesterday so not really sure what to think.

Attachments

• IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    915.3 KB · Views: 367
Have any been in a crash? I've had 3 total disasters here is mondays incident. Anyway I was able to save the batteries from these crashes. They do fit loose and have some play but even extreme sport mode bashing like fpv proximity ripping and tearing around trees ext they still don't pop out. But I do not care for it by any means either. They do feel snug in the replacement p4 I got at Best Buy yesterday so not really sure what to think.
Hold up. Hold up. 3 disasters? That is 2 too many! What are you doing that has you having so many accidents?

Met up with a fellow flyer with a P4P. His P4P battery in my craft is just the same. My battery seems to fit in his craft better so it looks like it's something to do with the battery compartment.

Mine fit quite tightly, couldn't get one out the other day in the field, had to come home.

Mine don't fit smoothly in like I've seen, feel like I have to half press the buttons in to get the latches past the lip.
I don't hear no two defined clicks, it's more a messy crunch as it finally gets in there.

Sent from my F8331 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I experience the opposite. All of my 3 batteries fit very tight into the battery compartment. I see no play inside the battery compartment. If anything, I have hard time pulling out one of the batteries. But I'm not complaining. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20