Battery firmware

Reaction score
Hi all, I am currently running on firmware 1.8 in the aircraft and do not wish at this point to upgrade, however I have just purchased a new battery and would like to ensure that it's firmware matches my other batteries.

I tried t find the info on the DJI website but could not locate it so my questions:

Which firmware would I need to load onto my SD card to enable me to update/ensure the same firmware gets loaded onto the new battery as is on my other batteries without having to update the aircraft as I am happy running the aircraft on 1.8 and do not want to go to 1.9 yet

I know that not all firmware releases include an update for the battery so which was the last firmware revision that also included a battery update? was it 1.7?

Hope my ramblings make sense?

Bryn.

Follow these instructions to update your extra battery. Instead of using the latest firmware, use whatever BIN you last installed on your Phantom.

I also have 1.8 on my P3P. When I got my latest battery the Go App showed that battery needed update. I put bettery in aircraft and turned it on for a few minutes. Go App no longer says battery firmware needs updated. I dont think you need to put 1.6 firmware, which was the update for the battery, on the sd card. I am pretty sure the battery update firmware stays on the aircraft so you can update batteries as you buy new ones without having to go through putting the 1.6 firmware on sd card and updating everytime you have a new battery. Someone please correct me if I am wrong!! Make sure the remote is turned off when you update. Also, if you fly in cold weather, which I dont, I strongly suggest you upgrade firmware to the latest 1.9 as it fixes a problem with battery shutting off in cold weather!! Hope this helps.

No, but the BIN file could still be on your memory card if you did not remove it after installing the firmware.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Actually no hard n fast reason why I don't want to upgrade to be fair, but for me I see no reason to upgrade when I do not have any issues and the aircraft/system is performing exactly how I want/need it to (if it ain't broke don't fix it)

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I just updated the AC and a new battery for my P3A to v1.9.60, so I went to update each of my other three batteries. The firmware .bin file was/is still on the micro SD card in the AC. The battery that came with the P3A when I bought it (as an open box item at Micro Center) in May 2016 appeared to update normally (based on the sounds and gimbal lights flashing green and red).

The odd thing is when I put the two older batteries in the bird to update them, nothing appeared to happen and the status showed all normal. When I looked at the battery history (on iOS version of the GO app), it showed "Current Status" as "Normal" but each Record field showed N/A (with the AC powered on). It didn't show "Normal" or "Self-Discharge in Storage" in any Record field until I powered it off and back on again.

So now I have no idea if the two older batteries (one from Dec 2015 that came with my P3 Standard, and the other purchased new in Jan 2016) were updated, other than the fact that the DJI GO app says all is normal.

Is there a way to confirm that the two older batteries updated?

Thanks.

Is there a way to confirm that the two older batteries updated?
Put the BIN in the root of your memory card and start up your Phantom with each battery installed. If the firmware needs to be updated, it'll happen as soon as you turn on your Phantom.

Put the BIN in the root of your memory card and start up your Phantom with each battery installed. If the firmware needs to be updated, it'll happen as soon as you turn on your Phantom.
Right, I did that for both older batteries, multiple times, but the familiar firmware update noise and green-red blinking gimbal light never happened.

I flew with them both later that day and had only one problem (which I'd never experienced). The yaw and pitch stick inputs would would continue even after letting go for the stick to center itself.

At one point it kept flying away from me and I thought I was about to witness a runaway bird, but I was able to get it back.

I can only guess that hovering ~20 ft above a parking lot light pole might have caused interference. I was trying to take shots from the same spot to show differences between the new Neewer polarizing ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32 filters I recently got.

Bit of a nail biter, but it was all good in the end.

Sent from my LG V-10 using the PhantomPilots app for Android.

Right, I did that for both older batteries, multiple times, but the familiar firmware update noise and green-red blinking gimbal light never happened.
That means the batteries did not need to be updated.

I can only guess that hovering ~20 ft above a parking lot light pole might have caused interference.
If that problem stopped after you moved your Phantom away from the light pole, then that is a reasonable explanation.

Understood msinger, but the two older batteries had not been exposed to the 1.9.60 firmware yet. That fact alone would suggest they would update along with the two others.

It also seems odd that there's no apparent way to view the current firmware version for the batteries, even though (I assume) the AC is telling the GO app they're not current.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my LG V-10 using the PhantomPilots app for Android.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl