Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3 Firmware Battery firmware ?

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by Squiddley, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Squiddley

I just did the latest firware update on my phantom 3 but I just bought a new battery from ebay its a genuin DJI battery but my question is do I need to update this battery as well or is it good to go and if so do I just leave the update on the card and insert the new battery and let it go thru the start up procedure....

2. Zone 5

yes to what you posted and I quoted above. only takes a minute or so to do.

3. eaglegoaltender

The app will tell you if the battery needs an update.

4. Squiddley

okay, thanks

5. MikeyOnline

Thought I'd reply here since I have a similar question. My second battery arrives from Amazon later today and I suspect it'll need a firmware update. What is the actual process? I take it the Go app won't update it so I'll have to put the 1.8.80 bin file back on the SD card, put it in the P3P, and let it go through the FW update process? I'm assuming it should be a lot faster than the actual 1.8.80 update because it just updates the battery? The 1.8.80 update took 20 minutes on my P3P. Does it give you the same morse code for "D" (done) at the end: beeping dash, dot, dot? Just want to know what to look for and how long I should expect it to take.

Thanks,
    Mike

6. Kev Bailey

I updated mine yesterday. Not sure what I did to be honest. I think the app ended up doing a full firmware update in the end... But I did mess it up a few times first. Try putting the battery in and turning everything on

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

7. MikeyOnline

OK, thanks: everything worked out fine. I put the 1.8.80 bin file back on the card, powered up the P3P, let it sit, and after about 2 minutes I got the dash, dot, dot beep repeatedly. Turned if off, took the bin file off the card, put the card back in and started it up and the battery was updated. Went smoothly.

Mike