Battery Firmware

Reaction score
I have a P3P and a P3A. I have 3 batteries that I use between both birds. Is the battery firmware for the pro the same as it is for the advanced. If I have a battery that was used on the pro and then I use it on the advanced is that an issue?

Same for both, no issue

Same for both, no issue
You may want to check on this before posting. You only need to look at each firmware to see that they are completely different size files.

Each firmware is complete. That is, its the entire firmware and not just an update. So firmware for EACH Phantom is DIFFERENT.

You may want to check on this before posting. You only need to look at each firmware to see that they are completely different size files.

Each firmware is complete. That is, its the entire firmware and not just an update. So firmware for EACH Phantom is DIFFERENT.
Sure the FW package is different for the Pro and Advance...but the battery FW that is part of each package is the same.

Sure the FW package is different for the Pro and Advance...but the battery FW that is part of each package is the same.
However, why would a person download and install the correct firmware and then download and install the wrong firmware just to update the batteries? Makes no sense. But bottom line... they are _NOT_ the same.

However, why would a person download and install the correct firmware and then download and install the wrong firmware just to update the batteries? Makes no sense. But bottom line... they are _NOT_ the same.
Just to clarify, the OP asked if the battery firmware is the same. Which in fact it is.

Swapping batteries between the P3A and P3P is not a problem.

It is not possible to load the wrong firmware on any of the P3's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monkspark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic