Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Standard/4k Discussion' started by Carlos Gonzalez, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Carlos Gonzalez

I have a P3S and was looking on the entire forum about battery update, but everything I found was about Pro and Adv. I tried to update using this tutorials, but I found it is slightly different. Here is my experience.

- First I charged at least 50% the new battery
    - Then put it on the Phantom
    - Then power on the Phantom with the SD card inserted and the bin file on it.
    - After that I waited for the red light in the camera to start flashing, or the sound to start beeping, but I had no luck. So I decided to turn on the RC and open DJI Go App, the first thing that appeared on the screen was a blue message saying "Firmware Downloaded". So I suppose that the new battery was detected.
    - I just click on the Update Button at the app and the update process started.
    - The update sound started and the app showed a message saying that the update was completed correctly.

Hope this help.

2. ssecret113

So everytime i Buy a new a battery i have to install firmware on it im so confused?

3. Carlos Gonzalez

Yes, you need to update the firmware for each battery you have, or any new battery.

4. ssecret113

Now How do I know when to update a P3S Battery ? And How to update a New Battery?

5. Carlos Gonzalez

Each time a new Firmware for the Phantom is released