Battery firmware prob

Reaction score
Hi all
My son has a phantom 2 vision + v3
He has an original dji battery 22 charges the problem is it doesn't seem to Hoover correctly and gives little glitches to the left as looking at it..
We put in a generic battery and phantom flies and hovers perfect,that battery has 20 charges..
Our problem is
Original dji battery 2.3.0.1 fw 1.0.0.8. Will not update as non available..
Generic battery 1.5.0.0 fw 2.6.0.0 works fine.
Could the problem be the firmware on original battery and how do we update,it says none available...
Have done a cold imu cal,and compas cal,any help please..
Thanks Peter
I own a P3A and do understand somewhat how these work...my son is getting frustrated with it and starting to loose his confidence

It seems to me a questionable battery isn't going to make the AC hover incorrectly or glitch to the left as you describe. It would do other things but not that. And yet you say it does. So this is an unusual problem.

Could you fully charge the DJI battery and give us the specs according to Phantom Assistant?

Thanks for reply..
Will first thing in morning...this one has stumped me for a few weeks now....
My 12 year old doesn't want to fly it and it's bugging me that he'll give up flying and he's such a great little flyer

image.jpeg
Here's the battery details Marknmd looks good to me the other 2 generic batteries the type with that Lcd display are also very similar in numbers...just the firmware is different on this dji battery....
I was thinking of doing 2 short videos showing the glitching and normal flight..
Many thanks peter

Yes that battery looks wonderful.

The battery with the LCD display are aftermarket batteries. I got two of them myself. I haven't had any problems with them other than they don't auto-discharge.

Well bugger me my boy went for a fly early morning and wow!!!!
Perfect like straight out of the box....on dji battery
Charged it again flew later in the day and the glitch to the left was there but not as bad...on dji battery...
This one has stumped me....
Did notice glitching is usually around 7-8 sats,when it has 11-12 sats lit like brand new...

It seems to me a questionable battery isn't going to make the AC hover incorrectly or glitch to the left as you describe. It would do other things but not that. And yet you say it does. So this is an unusual problem.

Could you fully charge the DJI battery and give us the specs according to Phantom Assistant?

Also try a total discharge by leaving the battery in your phantom with the phantom turned on but not running until the battery is completely drained. It can take several hours but I found this repairs any problems I've had with errant batteries. Just take the props off so you don't inadvertently have it start up.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers