Battery Firmware check

Reaction score
I have the P3A (purchased a few weeks back), I have purchased 3 extra batteries so far and just realised the battery firmware topic.

I have been flying with the extra batteries with no issues whatsoever.

How do I know the firmwares on the batteries are up to date?

I havent had any issues just curious and want to avoid any issues, if any were to occur unexpectedly.

DJI GO app shows battery levels, amount of charges etc

Any thoughts and inputs will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance ;)

Just pop in each battery, power cycle (turn on air craft). Let is beep and show off its lights for each battery. When it seems to stop beeping its updated. It takes a lot shorter compared to updating the actual aircraft itself and remote control. I also believe theres a little light on the gimbal right in front of the camera that will have a solid green light when done updating and a red/green blinking light while its updating. If your aircraft is no longer making any noise and you have a green light where I mentioned. Turn off the aircraft and pop your memory card into your computer. Check for any .txt files and those files will let you know if it successfully updated or not and current firmware.

Don't you have to have the .bin file on the micro card inserted in the craft before you turn it on?

That is what I was thinking.

But I havent updated my P3, the P3 a couple of days ago before I updated the Pilot app to DJI GO was showing firmware as 1.3.20 but today I checked and its showing 1.1.9+ :confused:

I even put up a link to a video where it showed 1.3.20, however 1 thing I did realise was I put in a brand new 64GB Lexar 633x micro sd in and then tried to check.

I dont know Im just so confused lol

She fly's like a champ though and without any issues.

I checked MOD/IMU reading and was reading 1450-1490 which I have read up on and know its fine.

Here is the video where you can see 1.3.20 on DJI Pilot app.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers