Battery fails charging some times

Reaction score
My spare batt. has 15 flights on it and 100% health so far. Occasionally when I go to charge it, it will start charging then the 2 or 3 flashing light go out quickly and just the one green light next to the red button light flashes. The red button goes out and so do the rest of the other lights but that one green light continues to flash and the battery is not taking a charge at that point. After plugging unplugging and changing out lets I finally get it to charge right. It is totally inconsistent.

Should I send it back? Any one seen this happen? Any fixes? Thank you all.

I wouldn't put the in fridge, for fear of condensation.
Just let them cool at room temperature for about half an hour.

I have put them under a fan or wear an ac vent could blow on them.

Reactions: PhotoGuyAaron
It happened to me just yesterday with 2 young batteries, one with 11 previous charges and one with only six. I had last used them in 95+ temps and also had them in a hot car while doing some field work, And then I had brought them home and stored them in a relatively warm garage. I put the 2 in the fridge for an hour and they both then charged up fine. Personally, I wasn't concerned about condensation because I have to believe the batteries are be sealed units and regularly go through a range of temps when going from indoors to outdoors and vice versa. Anyway, that worked for me, but I would follow Seth4801's advice if you want to play it safe.

UPDATE... As I do not want to spread misinformation. Turns out my problem was the charger. I use two chargers on my jobs and must have used the good one to successfully fully charge the batteries after taking them out of the fridge. I discovered one charger was just weakly blinking red and a meter confirmed it was just outputting a little over 2 volts -- while the other was outputting the normal 12.6 volts.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl