Battery fails at 15 Degree C

Reaction score
When my battery from the DJI Phantom 3 adv becomes lower that 15 gear C at gives a warning see below

Warning
Battery Temperature below 15 degrees C.
Warm Battery to above 25 Degrees C before flying

Anyone have the same warnings ?

Attachments

• warning.jpg
    warning.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 332
Battery is not failing, it's warning you that it will deliver limited power at low temperatures.

Thanks for the input
The temperature was about 10-12 Degrees C local.
When I put the battery in the P3 it even did not start the motors.
Heating up the battery probably will work however I did not expect this to happen.
In Holland it is not always that nice weather
I saw a battery heater available
I guess I need to buy one of those.

I got the same warning from my first Phantom (now returned to shop.) I had the latest firmware on Phantom. I have to say it wasn't that cold outside. Certainly no ice, snow, or frost etc.

I don't really understand the warning, as you see videos on Youtube of people flying Phantoms over snow covered landscapes.

I am no longer getting the 'cold battery warning' with new Phantom (I've not updated it to latest firmware.) I am however having other problems with it.

Last edited:
I got the same warning from my first Phantom (now returned to shop.) I had the latest firmware on Phantom. I have to say it wasn't that cold outside. Certainly no ice, snow, or frost etc.

I don't really understand the warning, as you see videos on Youtube of people flying Phantoms over snow covered landscapes.

I am no longer getting the 'cold battery warning' with new Phantom (I've not updated it to latest firmware.) I am however having other problems with it.
There is no problem flying in cold weather, many of us do it all the time in Winter, you just have to keep your battery warm before flying, keep it in a warm car, or an inside jacket pocket and insert it at the last minute. The battery warms up in flight quite considerably even when the air temp is 0 C.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj